Outcomes of a randomized controlled trial of a clinical pharmacy intervention in 52 nursing homes
Article first published online: 7 JUL 2008
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Volume 51, Issue 3, pages 257–265, March 2001
How to Cite
Roberts, M. S., Stokes, J. A., King, M. A., Lynne, T. A., Purdie, D. M., Glasziou, P. P., Wilson, D. A. J., McCarthy, S. T., Brooks, G. E., De Looze, F. J. and Del Mar, C. B. (2001), Outcomes of a randomized controlled trial of a clinical pharmacy intervention in 52 nursing homes. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 51: 257–265. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2125.2001.00347.x
- Issue published online: 7 JUL 2008
- Article first published online: 7 JUL 2008
- Received 23 May 2000,accepted 17 November 2000.
- 2National Health Strategy. Issues Paper No 4 Issues in Pharmaceutical Drug Use in Australia Canberra. AGPS Publications, 1992..
- 3Use of psychoactive medication and quality of life in retirement homes. N Engl J Med 1988; 420: 227., , , .
- 6Cost-benefit of pharmacist conducted drug regimen reviews. Consult Pharm 1987; September/October: 294–398..
- 7A meta-analysis of the impact of pharmacist drug regimen reviews in long-term care facilities. J Am Geriatr Soc 1987; 1: 23–34., , , et al.
- 9Pharmaceutical services to residential homes – present and future. Br J Pharm Pract 1990; October: 326–334.&
- 11Conditions of Participation-pharmaceutical services. . Federal Register 1974; 39: 12–17.
- 15Australian Institute of Health Welfare. Australia's Health 1994. Canberra. AGPS Publications, 1994: p 142.
- 16WHO Collaborating Centre for Drug Statistics Methodology. Anatomical Therapeutic Chemical (ATC) Classification Index. Oslo. World Health Organisation; January 1994.
- 17Statistical Methods in Cancer Research. The Design and Analysis of Cohort Studies. IARC-Sci-Publications 1982; 2: 69–71.& .
- 21Multi-Disciplinary Case Conference Reviews: Improving Outcomes for Nursing Home Residents, Carers and Health Professionals. Progress In Practice, United Kingdom Clinical Pharmacy Association Residential Spring Symposium, Leeds, May 2000, pp 20–21, 2000.& .
- 22What impact can community pharmacists have on medication use in the elderly? An evaluation of domiciliary based medication review by community pharmacists. Pharm World Sci 1998; 20: A4..
- 23Drug therapy review in a skilled nursing facility: an innovative approach. J Am Pharm Ass 1977; NS17: 92–94., , , et al.
- 24Physicians acceptance of drug-therapy recommendations using a written data and communications form. Consult Pharm 1991; 6: 729–734..
- 25Nursing home resident classification pilot study. MDS+/RUG III and RCI trials in Queensland. Proc Annu Conf Aust Ass Gerontol 1993; 28: 49–53., , , .
- 26Commonwealth Department of Health and Family Services. Annual Report 1995–96. Canberra. Australian Government Publishing Service, 1996: p 139.
- 27Commonwealth Department of Health and Aged Care Aged and Community Care Division. Standards and Guidelines for Residential Aged Care Services Manual May 1998. Canberra. AGPS. Publishing; 1998. Available at: URL. h ttp://http://www.health.gov.au/acc/manuals/sgr/contents/std-2.htm#2.11
- 28Education, staff knowledge and falling in hostel residents. Physiother Singapore 1999; 2: 128–134.& .