Current address: Division of Residue Chemistry, Center for Vetinary Medicine, FDA, Laurel, MD 20708, USA.
Dose-finding and efficacy study for i.m. artemotil (beta-arteether) and comparison with i.m. artemether in acute uncomplicated P. falciparum malaria
Article first published online: 2 MAY 2002
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Volume 53, Issue 5, pages 492–500, May 2002
How to Cite
Looareesuwan, S., Oosterhuis, B., Schilizzi, B. M., Sollie, F. A. E., Wilairatana, P., Krudsood, S., Lugt, Ch. B., Peeters, P. A. M. and Peggins, J. O. (2002), Dose-finding and efficacy study for i.m. artemotil (beta-arteether) and comparison with i.m. artemether in acute uncomplicated P. falciparum malaria. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 53: 492–500. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2125.2002.01590.x
- Issue published online: 2 MAY 2002
- Article first published online: 2 MAY 2002
- Received 5 July 2001,accepted 14 December 2001.
- 3Clinical studies on treatment of cerebral malaria with quinghasosu and its derivatives. J Trad Chinese Med 1982; 2: 125–130., , , , .
- 7linical trial of artesunate and artemether on multidrug resistant falciparum malaria in Thailand: a preliminary report. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 1991; 22: 380–385., , , , .
- 10Antimalarial activities of 25 derivatives of artemisinin against chloroquine-resistant Plasmodium berghei. Acta Pharmacol Sinica 1980; 1: 48–50., , .
- 11China Cooperative Research Group on Qinghaosu. Antimalarial efficacy and mode of action of qinghaosu and its derivatives in experimental models. J Trad Chin Med 1982; 2: 17–24.
- 12A quantitative structure-activity study on artemisinin analogues (Engl. Abstract). Acta Pharmacol Sinica 1982; 3: 55–60., .
- 17in press., , , et al. A placebo-controlled study on the tolerability and pharmacokinetics of multiple dose artemotil in healthy volunteers.
- 20in press., , , et al. A randomised trial to compare the efficacy of artemotil and artemether in the treatment of adult Thai patients with severe malaria.
- 21submitted., , , et al. Comparison of artemotil and artemether for the treatment of moderate-to-severe malaria in Thai children: a double-blind randomised trial.
- 22Severe and Complicated Malaria, 2nd edn. Trans R Soc Trop Medical Hyg 1990; 84(Suppl 2): 1–65., , .
- 30November 1722, 1996., Post-antibiotic effect of quinine and dihydroartemisinin on Plasmodium falciparum in vitro: implication for a mechanism of recrudescence. Abstract XIV International Congress for Tropical Medicine and Malaria Nagasaki Japan