The value of inpatient pharmaceutical counselling to elderly patients prior to discharge
Version of Record online: 17 DEC 2002
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Volume 54, Issue 6, pages 657–664, December 2002
How to Cite
Al-Rashed, S. A., Wright, D. J., Roebuck, N., Sunter, W. and Chrystyn, H. (2002), The value of inpatient pharmaceutical counselling to elderly patients prior to discharge. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 54: 657–664. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2125.2002.01707.x
- Issue online: 17 DEC 2002
- Version of Record online: 17 DEC 2002
- Received 27 February 2002, accepted 14 May 2002.
- 1Seamless pharmaceutical care: the needs of community pharmacists. Pharm J 1994; 253: 502–506., .
- 4Pharmaceutical care: its pact on patient care and the hospital community interface. Pharm J 1994; 253: 344–349..
- 6Charges in drug treatment after discharge from hospital in geriatric patients. Br Med J 1993; 306: 694–696., , , .
- 10Clinical pharmacy domiciliary service – an extended role of the community pharmacist. J Appl Ther 1997; 1: 325–329., .
- 13Impact of a hospital-based programme of pharmaceutical care on elderly patients’ adherence (compliance) to medication following discharge into the community. Pharm J 1995; 255(Suppl): R10., , .
- 15A study into the correspondence between hospitals and GPs on patient discharge. Pharm J 1993; 251(Suppl): R40., , .
- 16Opinions about hospital discharge information in the UK. Part 1: General practitioners. J Soc Admin Pharm 2001; 18: 91–96., , , .
- 17The quality and quantity of drug-related information provided to hospital in-patients and its effects on seamless care. Pharm J 1993; 251(Suppl): R5., .
- 20What part pharmacists should play in providing medicines-related information. Pharm J 2001; 266: 364–366., , .
- 23Discrepancies in prescribing – where do they occur. Pharm J 1996; 256: 65–67., , .
- 25Department of Health. Pharmacy in the Future – Implementing the NHS Plan. A Programme for Pharmacy in the National Health Service. London: Department of Health, 2000.
- 26Department of Health. National Service Framework for Older People. London: Department of Health, 2001.
- 27Department of Health. National Service Framework – Medicines and Older People. London: Department of Health, 2001.