Pseudoephedrine: effects on milk production in women and estimation of infant exposure via breastmilk
Version of Record online: 9 JUL 2003
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Volume 56, Issue 1, pages 18–24, July 2003
How to Cite
Aljazaf, K., Hale, T. W., Ilett, K. F., Hartmann, P. E., Mitoulas, L. R., Kristensen, J. H. and Hackett, L. P. (2003), Pseudoephedrine: effects on milk production in women and estimation of infant exposure via breastmilk. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 56: 18–24. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2125.2003.01822.x
- Issue online: 9 JUL 2003
- Version of Record online: 9 JUL 2003
- Received 3 September 2002, accepted 19 December 2002.
- 2Committee on Drugs of the American Academy of Pediatrics. The transfer of drugs and other chemicals into human milk. Pediatrics 1994; 93: 137–150.
- 4Decongestants and milk production. J Hum Lact 2000; 16: 294.
- 5Physiological aspects of lactation. In Biochemistry of Lactation ed. MephamB. New York: Elsevier, 1983; 2–28.
- 9Sudafed Product Information. In E-MIMS Ver 4.00.0597. St Leonards, Australia: MultiMedia Australia Pty Limited, 2002.
- 11A rapid method of estimating fat in very small quantities of milk. J Physiol 1964; 175: 15–17.,
- 18Efficiacy of breast milk expsression using an electric pump. J Hum Lact 2002; 18: 340–348., , , ,
- 19Studying drugs in human milk: time to unify the approach. J Hum Lact 2002; 18: 319–328., , ,
- 20Non-compartmental analysis methods manual. In TopFit 2.0 Pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic data analysis system for the PC, eds. HeinzelG, WoloszcakR, ThomannP. Stuttgart: Gustav Fischer, 1993; 5–66.
- 21Pharmacokinetics, 2nd edn. New York: Marcel Dekker Inc, 1982; 119–120.,
- 22Use of the monographs on drugs. In Drugs and Human Lactation, edition 2nd edn, (ed BennettPN). Amsterdam: Elsevier, 1996; 67–74.
- 24Drug doses. In The Harriet Lane Handbook. A Manual for Pediatric House Officers, edition 15th edn, eds SiberryGK, IannoneR. St Louis: Mosby, 2000; 831., ,