The Editors have satisfied themselves that all authors have contributed significantly to this publication
Cohort study in South and West England of the influence of specialization on the management and outcome of patients with oesophageal and gastric cancers†
Article first published online: 5 NOV 2002
© 2002 British Journal of Surgery Society Ltd
British Journal of Surgery
Volume 89, Issue 7, pages 914–922, July 2002
How to Cite
Bachmann, M. O., Alderson, D., Edwards, D., Wotton, S., Bedford, C., Peters, T. J. and Harvey, I. M. (2002), Cohort study in South and West England of the influence of specialization on the management and outcome of patients with oesophageal and gastric cancers. Br J Surg, 89: 914–922. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2168.2002.02135.x
- Issue published online: 5 NOV 2002
- Article first published online: 5 NOV 2002
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 MAR 2002
- 1Survival of cancer patients in Europe. The EUROCARE Study. Lyon: International Agency for Research on Cancer, 1995., , , , , .
- 2Expert Advisory Committee on Cancer to the Chief Medical Officers of England and Wales: A Policy Framework for Commissioning Cancer Services. London: Department of Health, 1995., , , , , et al.
- 4Hospital volume and health care outcomes, costs and patient access. Effective Health Care 1996; 2(8): 1–16., , , , , et al.
- 12The management of colorectal cancer. Effective Health Care 1997; 3(6): 1–12., , , , , et al.
- 14Cancer Survival Trends in England and Wales, 1971–1995: Deprivation and NHS Region. London: The Stationery Office, 1999., , , , , et al.
- 15Selection for oesophagectomy and postoperative outcome in a defined population. Qual Health Care 1992; 2: 17–20., , .
- 25Stata Corporation. Stata Reference Manual. Release 6. College Station, Texas: Stata Corporation, 1999.
- 26Survival Analysis: A Practical Approach. Chichester: Wiley, 1995., .
- 33Hospital Volume, Physician Volume, and Patient Outcomes: Assessing the Evidence. Ann Arbor, Michigan: Health Administration Press, 1990., , , .