Effect of deworming on human T cell responses to mycobacterial antigens in helminth-exposed individuals before and after bacille Calmette–Guérin (BCG) vaccination
Article first published online: 20 DEC 2001
Clinical & Experimental Immunology
Volume 123, Issue 2, pages 219–225, February 2001
How to Cite
Elias, D., Wolday, D., Akuffo, H., Petros, B., Bronner, U. and Britton, S. (2001), Effect of deworming on human T cell responses to mycobacterial antigens in helminth-exposed individuals before and after bacille Calmette–Guérin (BCG) vaccination. Clinical & Experimental Immunology, 123: 219–225. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2249.2001.01446.x
- Issue published online: 20 DEC 2001
- Article first published online: 20 DEC 2001
- (Accepted for publication 16 October 2000)
- 1Immunities in and to tuberculosis: implications for pathogenesis and vaccination. In: PorterJDH, McAdamPWJ, eds. Tuberculosis back to the future. Chichester: John Wiley & Sons, 1994:53 80.
- 4Centers for Disease control and Prevention. Tuberculosis morbidity and mortality—United States. 1992; 42:696 704.
- 7Effects of infection with atypical mycobacteria on BCG vaccination and tuberculosis. Am Rev Respir Dis 1966; 4:553 68.&
- 13Influence of intestinal parasites on postvaccination immunity against bacterial and viral infections. Proc Acad Sciences, Belarus Sci Agriculture, Minsk 1990; 4:101 8., ,
- 15World Health Organization. Standard tuberculin test technical guide. Geneva: WHO, 1963.
- 171981.Medical laboratory manual for tropical countries, V, 1. Hertford, UK: Stephen Austin and Sons Ltd,
- 18The cytokine response to Bacille Calmette Guerin vaccination in South India. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 1998; 10:836 43., , ,
- 22Tuberculin skin tests and BCG vaccination in hyperendemic area of onchocerciasis. Lancet 1977; 2:309., , et al.
- 31In vitro T-cell proliferation and cytokine production as a surrogate marker for HIV-1 infection progression in Ethiopians.MSc Thesis. Addis Ababa University, 2000.
- 33Tuberculosis prevention Trial, Madras. Trial of BCG vaccines in south India for tuberculosis prevention. Indian J Med Res 1990; 72 (Suppl. 1):1 74.