Clinical librarianship: a systematic review of the literature
Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2008
Health Information & Libraries Journal
Volume 20, Issue Supplement s1, pages 10–21, June 2003
How to Cite
Winning, M. A. and Beverley, C. A. (2003), Clinical librarianship: a systematic review of the literature. Health Information & Libraries Journal, 20: 10–21. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2532.20.s1.2.x
- Issue online: 18 JUL 2008
- Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2008
- 1LATCH: initiating a program and addressing legal concerns. Medical Reference Services Quarterly 1983, 2(2), 17–20.&
- 3now clinical librarians on rounds. Journal of the American Medical Association 1974, 230, 521.And
- 51976.Clinical librarians in patient care/teaching settings: terminal progress report. Hartford, CT: Hartford Hospital,
- 10Clinical librarianship. Clinical Librarian Quarterly 1984, 3(1/ 2), 10–21.
- 15Clinical medical librarianship: the Vanderbilt experience. Bulletin of the Medical Library Association 1998, 86, 412–6., , , , , , et al.
- 16The Clinical Librarian in the Department of Surgery: A Report on 2 Years’ Experience. London: Guy's Hospital Medical School, Wills Library, 1980.
- 17The Clinical Librarian in the Department of Surgery. British Library Research and Development Report No. 5686. London: British Library, 1980.
- 18Getting evidence to the bedside: the role of the clinical librarian. In: Bakker, S., ed. Libraries Without Walls: Changing Needs—Changing Roles, Proceedings of the 6th European Conference of Medical and Health Libraries, pp. 66–70. Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1998.
- 19A clinical librarian can support clinical governance. British Journal of Clinical Governance 2001, 6, 248–51., &
- 212001. Available from: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/kmc/kmc2/News/ACKM/ackm4/glassingotn.html (accessed 30 October 2002).The library and information support for clinical effectiveness (LISCE) project—eight months on.
- 22Report of a Six-Month Pilot Project at Leicester General Hospital. Leicester: Leicester General Hospital, 2000.
- 24University Hospitals of Leciester, NHS Trust. Clinical librarian conference. 2002. Available from: http://www.le.ac.uk/li/lgh/library/confer.htm (accessed 30 October 2002).
- 25Clinical medical librarianship: a role for the future. Bibliotheca Medica Canadiana 1994, 16(1), 7–13.
- 27‘Librarian heal thyself?’: evidence based librarianship, useful, practicable, desirable? Proceedings of the 8th International Congress on Medical Librarianship, 2–5 July 2000, London, UK. Available from: http://www.icml.org/tuesday/themes/booth.htm (accessed 30 October 2002).
- 29NHS Centre for Reviews and Dissemination (CRD). Undertaking Systematic Reviews of Research on Effectiveness. CRD’s. Guidance for Carrying Out or Commissioning Reviews. York: NHS Centre for Reviews and Dissemination, University of York, 2001.
- 30A bibliography on clinical medical librarianship. Clinical Librarian Quarterly 1985, 4(1/ 2), 12–7.
- 31A selected bibliography on clinical librarianship. Clinical Librarian Quarterly 1986, 4(3/ 4), 4–6.
- 32http://research.med.umkc.edu/teams/cml/CMLbib.html (accessed 30 October 2002).(1999) Clinical medicine librarian bibliography. Available from:
- 34Critical Appraisal Skills Programme (CASP). 2001. Available from: http://www.public-health.org.uk/casp/ (accessed 30 October 2002).
- 35The impact of clinical governance on the library and information service: clinical librarian case study. IFMH Information 2001, 12(1), 1–3.
- 36The role of the clincial librarian in patient management. Nigerian Quarterly Journal of Hospital of Hospital Medicine 1999, 9, 215–7.
- 38Clinical medical librarian skills applied in a non-patient care setting. Clinical Librarian Quarterly 1985, 3(4), 1–4.
- 39Clinical librarianship in nursing. Clinical Librarian Quarterly 1983, 2(2), 8–12.
- 40A clinical librarian program for oncology nursing at Roswell Park Memorial Institute. Clinical Librarian Quarterly 1983, 2(1), 13–6.
- 43Clinical librarian program for dental faculty. Clinical Librarian Quarterly 1984, 2(3), 9–11.
- 44The clinical librarian: new team member for a family practice inpatient service. Family Medicine 1985, 17, 262–4., &
- 45Evaluation and Model of a Clinical Librarian Program. Dissertation. Galveston, TX: University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, 1986, .
- 46CML in a satellite library. Clinical Librarian Quarterly 1984, 3(1/ 2), 5–9.&
- 50Report of a survey: impact of a clinical medical librarian on resident education. Journal of Investigative Medicine 1998, 46(1), 2A., &
- 512001. Available from: http:// healthlinks.washington.edu/hsl/liaisons/dodson/cml.html (accessed 30 October 2002).A clinical medical librarian program into the next millennium.
- 52Department of Health. Shifting the Balance of Power. London: Department of Health, 2002. Available from: http://www.doh.gov.uk/shiftingthebalance/ (accessed 30 October 2002).
- 53Department of Health. Partnership Working. National Service Frameworks: A Practical Aid to Implementation in Primary Care. London: Department of Health, 2002. Available from: http://www.doh.gov.uk/pricare/pdfs/nsf_partnershipworking.pdf (accessed 30 October 2002).
- 54Identifying users’ needs. In: Booth, A. & Walton, , G., eds. Managing Knowledge in Health Services, pp. 101–11, London: Library Association, 2002.
- 55Evaluating information services. In: Booth, A., & Walton, , G., eds. Managing Knowledge in Health Services., pp. 173–81, London: Library Association, 2002.
- 58Implementing evidence-based recommendations for health care: a roundtable comparing European and American experiences. Joint Commission Journal on Quality Improvement 2000, 26, 547–53.