A full report of this review is being published as part of the HCPRDU reports series. Further details are available from the HCPRDU website: http://www.fhsc.salford.ac.uk/hcprdu
Information skills training: a systematic review of the literature*
Article first published online: 18 JUL 2008
Health Information & Libraries Journal
Volume 20, Issue Supplement s1, pages 3–9, June 2003
How to Cite
Brettle, A. (2003), Information skills training: a systematic review of the literature. Health Information & Libraries Journal, 20: 3–9. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2532.20.s1.3.x
- Issue published online: 18 JUL 2008
- Article first published online: 18 JUL 2008
- 1Developing a review question: a spiral approach to literature searching. Poster presentation. Beyond the basics of systematic reviews, Oxford, July, 2000., &
- 2Health Care Practice R&D Unit. Assessment tools. 2001. http://www.fhsc.salford.ac.uk/hcprdu/assessment.htm (accessed 1 November 2002).
- 4Teaching literature searching in the context of the WWW. Proceedings of the Annual Symposium on Computer Applications in Medical Care 1995, 888–92., &
- 7Teaching a systematic search strategy improves literature retrieval skills of pharmacy students, American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education 1996, 60, 281–6., &
- 9Finding the evidence: teaching medical residents to search medline. Journal of the Medical Library Association 2002, 90, 327–30., &
- 12An internet training module for traditional and non traditional doctor of pharmacy students: content and evaluation. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education 2000, 64, 15–9., &
- 14Integrating medical informatics into the undergraduate curriculum. Bibliotheca Medica Canadiana 2000, 21(3), 16–9., &
- 20Development of Information Skills within the Masters in Research [MRes (Health and Social Care)], University of Salford, Final Report to TLQIS Programme. Salford: HCPRDU, University of Salford, 2002., &
- 23Teaching information skills on CD_ROM: a conceptual approach. Learning Resources Journal 1995, 11(2), 37–40.
- 26Learning to use the Internet: an interactive team taught workshop for dental faculty and staff. Bulletin of the Medical Library Association 1996, 83, 409–11.
- 27Using electronic mail to teach melvyl medline. Medical Reference Services Quarterly 1997, 16(1), 69–75.