Milk cytokines and subclinical breast inflammation in Tanzanian women: effects of dietary red palm oil or sunflower oil supplementation
Article first published online: 25 DEC 2001
Volume 97, Issue 4, pages 595–600, August 1999
How to Cite
Filteau, Lietz, Mulokozi, G., Bilotta, S., Henry and Tomkins (1999), Milk cytokines and subclinical breast inflammation in Tanzanian women: effects of dietary red palm oil or sunflower oil supplementation. Immunology, 97: 595–600. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2567.1999.00834.x
- Issue published online: 25 DEC 2001
- Article first published online: 25 DEC 2001
- 11995 Relationship of inflammatory cytokines, growth hormone, and insulin-like growth factor-1 to reduced performance during infectious disease. Proc Soc Exp Biol Med 210 140, ,
- 21997 Complement fragment C5a and inflammatory cytokines in neutrophil recruitment during intramammary infection with Escherichia coli. Infect Immun 65 3286, , ,
- 31997 Leukocyte and cytokine accumulation in the ovine teat and udder during endotoxin-induced inflammation. Vet Res Commun 21 101, , ,
- 41998 Chemotactic activities in nonmastitic and mastitic mammary secretions: presence of interleukin-8 in mastitic but not nonmastitic secretions. Clin Diag Lab Immunol 5 82&
- 61993 The immune system of human milk: antimicrobial, antiinflammatory and immunomodulating properties. Pediatr Infect Dis J 12 664
- 71974 Recent advances in the study of monovalent ion movements across the mammary epithelium: relation to onset of lactation. J Dairy Sci 58 1042
- 81984 Studies on human lactation. 1. Within-feed and between-breast variation in selected components of human milk. Am J Clin Nutr 40 635, , , , ,
- 91991 Studies in human lactation: milk volume and nutrient composition during weaning and lactogenesis. Am J Clin Nutr 54 81, , et al.
- 101999 Breast milk immune factors in Bangladeshi women supplemented postpartum with retinol or beta-carotene. Am J Clin Nutr 69953, , et al.
- 111998 Physiological secretion of chemokines in human breast milk. Eur Cytokine Netw 9 123, , ,
- 121994 The clinical usefulness of breast milk sodium in the assessment of lactogenesis. Pediatrics 93 802
- 131984 Effect of dietary vitamin A on resistance to experimental staphylococcus mastitis in mice. J Dairy Sci 67 2566, ,
- 141993 Role of vitamin E and selenium in host defense against mastitis. J Dairy Sci 76 2795, ,
- 151996 Vitamin A and retinoids in antiviral responses. FASEB J 10 979&
- 161995 Vitamin A. Lancet 345 31
- 171998 Nutritional modulation of cytokine biology. Nutrition 14 634
- 181997 Impact of weekly supplementation of women with vitamin A or beta-carotene on fetal, infant and maternal mortality in Nepal. International Vitamin A Consultative Group, Cairo, Egypt, abstract. International Vitamin A Consultative Group, Washington DC, USA., , et al.
- 191997 Increased cooking stability of all-trans-β-carotene in red palm oil using Murraya koenigii or Cnidoscolus aconitifolius leaves. Proc Nutr Soc 57 34A., ,
- 201999 Use of red palm oil for promotion of maternal vitamin A status. Proc Nutr Soc 5856A., , ,
- 211997 Transforming growth factor βs and wound healing. Int J Biochem Cell Biol 29 63&
- 221994 Antibody production system modulated by oral administration of human milk and TGF-β. Cell Immunol 159 77, , ,
- 231997 Reciprocal IFN-γ and TGF-β responses regulate the occurrence of mucosal inflammation. Immunol Today 18 61, , et al.
- 241997 All-trans-retinoic acid increases transforming growth factor-β2 and insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 expression through a retinoic acid receptor-α-dependent signalling pathway. J Biol Chem 272 13711, , et al.
- 251992 TFNC Report #1500: Report of the Baseline Survey on Vitamin a Deficiency in Ilongero and Ihanja Divisions – Singida Rural District Tanzanian Food and Nutrition Centre, Dar es Salaam.&
- 261997 A modified method to minimise losses of carotenoids and tocopherols during HPLC analysis of red palm oil. Food Chem 60 109&
- 271993 Transforming growth factor-β in human milk. Clin Exp Immunol 94 220, , , ,
- 281998 Determination of transforming growth factor-β2 in bovine colostrum samples. J Immunoassay 19 23
- 291995 Interleukin-10 in human milk. Pediatr Res 37 444, , et al.
- 301985 Immunochemical assays. In: Human Lactation: Milk Components and Methodologies (eds R. G. Jensen & M.C. Neville), p. 47. Plenum Press, New York, London., , , ,
- 311994 Lack of association between vitamin A status and measures of conjunctival epithelial integrity in young children in northern Ghana. Eur J Clin Nutr 48 669, , et al.
- 321995 The effect of endotoxin on gastrointestinal transit time and intestinal permeability. Clin Nutr 14 35, ,
- 331996 The postpartum period: the key to maternal mortality. Int J Gynecol Obstet 54 1, , ,