Prediction of weed density: the increase of error with prediction interval, and the use of long-term prediction for weed management
Version of Record online: 25 DEC 2001
Journal of Applied Ecology
Volume 36, Issue 2, pages 307–316, April 1999
How to Cite
Wallinga, J., Grasman, J., Groeneveld, R. M. W., Kropff, M. J. and Lotz, L. A. P. (1999), Prediction of weed density: the increase of error with prediction interval, and the use of long-term prediction for weed management. Journal of Applied Ecology, 36: 307–316. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2664.1999.00403.x
- Issue online: 25 DEC 2001
- Version of Record online: 25 DEC 2001
- 1988 Itinerary of a discontinuous map from the continued fraction expansion. Applied Mathematics Letters, 1, 339–342. &
- 1995Dynamics of Weed Populations. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge. &
- 1987 Modeling weed populations in cereals. Reviews of Weed Science, 3, 93–112. , , &
- 1986 A model of the economics of controlling Alopecurus myosuroides Huds. in winter wheat. Crop Protection, 5, 143–150. , &
- 1979 r- and K-selection in a completely chaotic population model. American Naturalist, 113, 499–510.
- 1991 Interaction between weeds and crops. The Ecology of Temperate Cereal Fields (eds L.G.Firbank, N.Carter, J.F.Darbyshire & G.R.Potts), pp. 209–231. Blackwell Science, Oxford.
- 1984 The management of grass weeds in cereal crops, a population biology approach. Proceedings of the 7th International Symposium on Weed Biology . Ecology and Systematics, pp. 375–384. Columa, Paris. , , &
- 1986 Modelling the population dynamics of an arable weed and its effects upon crop yield. Journal of Applied Ecology, 23, 147–159. &
- 1998 How does temporal variability affect predictions of weed population numbers? Journal of Applied Ecology, 35, 340–344. &
- 1997 Simple rules with complex outcomes. Nature, 387, 241–242. &
- 1989 On robust weed population models. Weed Research, 29, 229–238. , &
- 1991 A stochastic dynamic programming framework for weed control decision making: an application to Avena fatua L. Agricultural Economics, 6, 115–128. &
- 1998 Analysis of the rational long-term herbicide use: evidence for herbicide efficacy and critical weed kill rate as key factors. Agricultural Systems, 56, 323–340.
- 1997 Level of threshold weed density does not affect the long-term frequency of weed control. Crop Protection, 16, 273–278. &
- 1980 Density-dependence in single-species population of plants. Journal of Theoretical Biology, 83, 345–357.