Variation in the effectiveness of symbiotic associations between native rhizobia and temperate Australian Acacia: within-species interactions
Version of Record online: 25 DEC 2001
Journal of Applied Ecology
Volume 36, Issue 3, pages 398–408, June 1999
How to Cite
Burdon, J. J., Gibson, A. H., Searle, S. D., Woods, M. J. and Brockwell, J. (1999), Variation in the effectiveness of symbiotic associations between native rhizobia and temperate Australian Acacia: within-species interactions. Journal of Applied Ecology, 36: 398–408. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2664.1999.00409.x
- Issue online: 25 DEC 2001
- Version of Record online: 25 DEC 2001
- 1981. The Leguminosae. A Source Book of Characteristics, Uses, and Nodulation. University of Wisconsin press, Madison, WI. &
- 1991 Distribution and characteristics of root-nodule bacteria isolated from Australian Acacia spp. Plant and Soil, 135, 109–120. &
- 1998 Matching rhizobia and temperate species of. Acacia. Recent Developments in Acacia Planting (eds J.w.Turnbull, H.r.Crompton & K.Pinyopusarerk), pp. 264–273. ACIAR, Canberra, Australia.
- 1991 Ecological implications of specificity between plants and rhizosphere micro-organisms. Advances in Ecological Research, 21, 121–169. , &
- 1991 Role of symbiotic associations in nutrition of tropical acacias. Advances in Tropical Acacia Research (ed. J.w.Turnbull), pp. 13–19. ACIAR, Canberra, Australia. , &
- 1964 Genetic control of strain-specific ineffective nodulation in Trifolium subterraneum. Australian Journal of Agricultural Research, 15, 37–49.
- 1987 Nitrogen economy of post-fire stands of shrub legumes in Jarrah (Eucalyptus marginata Donn ex Sm.) forest in S.W. Australia. Journal of Experimental Botany, 38, 26–41. , , &
- 1959 Adjustable shading to modify glasshouse temperatures. Journal of Agricultural Engineering Research, 4, 133–138.
- 1982 Acetylene reduction (N fixation) by Jarrah forest legumes following fire and phosphate application. Journal of Applied Ecology, 19, 631–645. , &
- 1998 Molecular diversity of rhizobia occurring on native shrubby legumes in south-eastern Australia. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 64, 3989–3997. &
- 1982 Nutrient cycling in a stand of Acacia holosericea A. Cunn. Ex G. Don. I. Measurements of precipitation interception, seasonal acetylene reduction, plant growth and nitrogen requirement. Australian Journal of Botany, 30, 87–106. , &
- 1975 Plant genotype ×Rhizobium strain interactions in white clover. Annals of Applied Biology, 80, 103–107.
- 1977 Symbiotic variability in Vicia faba. III. Genetic effects of host plant, Rhizobium strain and of host–strain interaction. Euphytica, 26, 785–791. , &
- 1993 Plant–microbe mutualisms and community structure. Biodiversity and Ecosystem Function (eds E.-D.Schultze & H.a.Mooney), pp. 181–209. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany.
- 1987 Acacias and their root-nodule bacteria. Australian Acacias in Developing Countries (ed. J.w.Turnbull), pp. 45–49. ACIAR, Canberra, Australia.
- 1971. The Black Wattle. University of Natal Press, Pietermaritzburg.
- 1991 Studies with seedlings of provenances in Acacia mangium. Ninth Australian Nitrogen Fixation Conference (eds A.e.Richardson & M.b.Peoples), pp. 118–119. Australian Society for Nitrogen Fixation, Canberra, Australia. , &
- 1980 The early development of the root nodule of lucerne (Medicago sativa L.). Annals of Botany, London, 44, 385–392.
- 1970. A Manual for the Practical Study of the Root-Nodule Bacteria. Handbook no. 11. IBP, Oxford, UK.