The effect of dingo control on sheep and beef cattle in Queensland
Article first published online: 21 DEC 2001
Journal of Applied Ecology
Volume 38, Issue 1, pages 76–87, February 2001
How to Cite
Allen, L.R. and Sparkes, E.C. (2001), The effect of dingo control on sheep and beef cattle in Queensland. Journal of Applied Ecology, 38: 76–87. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2664.2001.00569.x
- Issue published online: 21 DEC 2001
- Article first published online: 21 DEC 2001
- 1990) Status of dingo bounties in Queensland. Proceedings of the Noxious Plants and Animals Conference, Mt Gambier, SA, 12, 104–106. South Australia Animal and Plant Control Commission, Adelaide, SA. (
- 1998) Baiting reduces dingo numbers, changes age structures yet often increases calf losses. Australian Vertebrate Pest Conference, Bunbury, WA, 11, 421–428. Agriculture Western Australia, Perth, WA. & (
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (consecutive years 197089) Livestock on Rural Holdings. Australian Bureau of Statistics, Canberra, Australia.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (consecutive years 194583) Queensland Year Book. Australian Bureau of Statistics, Brisbane, Australia.
- 1984) Classification and Regression Trees. Wardsworth, Belmont, CA. , , , (
- 1970) Geographical distribution of the productivity of sheep in Australia. Journal of the Australian Institute of Agricultural Science, 36, 182–198. & (
- 1980) Does dingo predation control the densities of kangaroos and emus? Australian Wildlife Research, 7, 1–12. , , , (
- 1995) The Dingo in Australia and Asia. Australian Natural History Series, University of New South Wales Press, Sydney, Australia. (
- 1987) The feeding ecology of the dingo. III. Dietary relationships with widely fluctuating prey populations in arid Australia: an hypothesis of alternation of predation. Oecologia, 74, 215–227. & (
- 1880) Report of the Chief Inspector of Stock on the Working of ‘The Marsupial Destruction Act’ for the year 1879. 22 April 1880. Queensland Legislative Assembly: Votes and Proceedings Sessions of 1883, Sixth Session of Eighth Parliament, II, 745–747. Queensland Government, Brisbane. (
- 1987) Human predation on the dingo. Australian Zoologist, 24, 65–72. & (
- 1997) Marsupial destruction in Queensland 1877–1930. Australian Zoologist, 30, 272–286. (
- 1977) Exotic mammals, indigenous mammals and land use. Proceedings of the Ecological Society of Australia, 10, 146–166. & (
- 1991) Resolute and Rugged: A History of the Warrego Graziers’ Association. Boolarong Publications, Brisbane, Australia. (
- 1993) Advanced Data Analysis with Systat. Van Nostrand Reinhold, International Thomson Publishing, New York, NY. (
- Land Administration Commission (consecutive years 196078) Annual Report on the Operations of the Stock Routes and Rural Lands Protection Acts 1944–67 and Barrier Fences Act 1954–72. Land Administration Commission, Brisbane, Australia.
- Land Administration Commission (197071) Compound 1080 Baiting Campaigns, Annual Report of the LAC on the Operations of the Stock Routes and Rural Lands Protection Acts 1944–67 and Barrier Fences Act 1954–72. Superintendent of Stock Routes Report. Land Administration Commission, Brisbane, Australia.
- 1982) Vertebrate Pests of Queensland. Stock Routes and Rural Lands Protection Board, Queensland Department of Lands, Brisbane. , , (
- National Farmers’ Federation (199596) Australian Agriculture, the Complete Reference on Rural Industry, 5th edn. National Farmers’ Federation. Morescope Publishing, Melbourne, Australia.
- 1930) Report on Royal Commission on Rabbit, Dingo and Stock Route Administration. Queensland Government, Queensland, Australia. , , (
- 1969) They All Ran Wild. Angus and Robertson, Sydney, Australia. (
- 1990) The role of bounties in pest management with specific reference to state dingo control programs. Associate Diploma of Agricultural Protection Thesis. Charles Sturt University, Wagga Wagga, New South Wales. (
- Smith Report (1976) Bonuses, Section F, Report of the Committee of Inquiry into Animal and Vegetable Pests. Government Printer, Brisbane.
- Stock Routes and Rural Lands Protection Board (1982) 1982 Dingo Baiting Campaign, Minutes of the May Board Meeting. Department of Lands, Brisbane, Australia.
- Stock Routes and Rural Lands Protection Board (198384) Dingo Bonus, SR & RLPB Annual Report. Department of Lands, Brisbane, Australia.
- Stock Routes and Rural Lands Protection Board (1984) Proposal for the Control of Dingoes in the Protected Area inside the Barrier Fence, Minutes of the August Board Meeting. Department of Lands, Brisbane, Australia.
- Stock Routes and Rural Lands Protection Board (198889) Bonus Payments in Relation to Queensland Sheep Numbers, SR & RLPB Annual Report. Department of Lands, Brisbane, Australia.
- 1987) Ecological studies of dingoes in Western Australia: implications for management. Australian Vertebrate Pest Conference, 8, 112–117. Rural Lands Protection Board, Coolangatta, Queensland. (
- 1992) The behavioural ecology of dingoes in north-western Australia. III. Hunting and feeding behaviour, and diet. Wildlife Research, 19, 531–541. (
- 1997) Systat 7.0 New Statistics. Systat, Chicago, IL. (
- 1983) Distribution and population dynamics of dingoes Canis familiaris and feral pigs Sus scrofa in Queensland, 1945–1976. Journal of Applied Ecology, 20, 85–95. (