Improved cytotoxicity assay for Bacillus cereus diarrhoeal enterotoxin
Version of Record online: 4 JAN 2002
Letters in Applied Microbiology
Volume 28, Issue 5, pages 394–400, May 1999
How to Cite
Fletcher, P. and Logan, N. A. (1999), Improved cytotoxicity assay for Bacillus cereus diarrhoeal enterotoxin. Letters in Applied Microbiology, 28: 394–400. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2672.1999.00542.x
- Issue online: 4 JAN 2002
- Version of Record online: 4 JAN 2002
- 2073/99: received 7 January 1999 and accepted 19 January 1999
- 1994 Identification and analysis of the antigens detected by two commercial Bacillus cereus diarrhoeal enterotoxin immunoassay kits. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 60, 4614 4616. &
- 1993 Enterotoxin production in milk by Bacillus cereus diarrhoeal enterotoxin: a comparison of methods for toxin detection. Netherlands Milk and Dairy Journal, 47, 79 87.
- 1989 Toxin production by B. cereus dairy isolates in milk at low-temperatures. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 55, 2595 2600. , , , ,
- 1994 A comparison of ELISA and RPLA for detection of Bacillus cereus diarrhoeal enterotoxin. Journal of Applied Bacteriology, 77, 7 13. , , ,
- 1993 Bacillus cereus and related species. Clinical Microbiology Review, 6, 324 338.
- 1997 Discrimination between Bacillus cereus and Bacillus thuringiensis using specific DNA probes based on variable regions of 16S rRNA. FEMS Microbiology Letters, 146, 47 51. , , , ,
- 1993 Rapid screening test for enterotoxin-producing Bacillus cereus. Journal of Clinical Microbiology, 31, 972 974.
- 1995 Bacillus cereus and Bacillus thuringiensis isolated in a gastroenteritis outbreak investigation. Letters in Applied Microbiology, 21, 103 105. , , ,
- 1976 Demonstration of Enterotoxin Production within the Genus Bacillus by Use of the Cutan Test and a Taxonomic Determination of Mesophilic Species of the Genus. Thesis. Copenhagen, Denmark: Institute of Hygiene and Microbiology, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University.
- 1987 Characterisation of Bacillus cereus haemolysis pattern, cytotoxicity and vascular permeability factor activity. Science Reports, Faculty of Agriculture, Kobe University, 17, 273 281. , , , ,
- 1982 Identification and characterisation of Bacillus cereus and other Bacillus species associated with foods and food poisoning. In: Isolation and Identification Methods for Food Poisoning Organisms(eds Corry, J.E.L., Roberts, D. & Skinner, F.A.), pp. 261 286. London: Academic Press. , , ,
- 1984 Identification of Bacillus strains using the API system. Journal of General Microbiology, 130, 1871 1882. &
- 1999 Bacillus and recently derived genera. In: Manual of Clinical Microbiology, 7th edn(eds Murray, P.R., Baron, E.J., Pfaller, M.A., Tenover, F.C. & Yolken, R.H.). Washington, D.C., American Society for Microbiology. &
- 1997 Comparison of biological effect of the two different enterotoxin complexes isolated from three different strains of Bacillus cereus. Microbiology, 143, 3329 3336. &
- 1991 Purification and characterisation of the vascular permeability factor produced by Bacillus cereus. Journal of Veterinary Medical Science, 53, 281 286. , , , ,
- 1972 Bacillus cereus fluid accumulation in rabbit ileal loops. Applied Microbiology, 24, 341 348. &
- 1984 Isolation and some properties of an enterotoxin produced by Bacillus cereus. Infection and Immunity, 42, 887 894. , , ,
- 1986 Bacillus cereus toxins. In: Pharmacology of Bacterial Toxins(eds Donner, F. Drews, J.), pp. 397 448. New York. Pergamon Press.
- 1997 The role of the Bacillus genus in infection. Culture, 18, 5 8.