Campylobacter infections in fattening pigs; excretion pattern and genetic diversity
Article first published online: 25 DEC 2001
Journal of Applied Microbiology
Volume 86, Issue 1, pages 63–70, January 1999
How to Cite
Weijtens, M. J. B. M., Reinders, R. D., Urlings, H. A. P. and Van der Plas, J. (1999), Campylobacter infections in fattening pigs; excretion pattern and genetic diversity. Journal of Applied Microbiology, 86: 63–70. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2672.1999.00636.x
- Issue published online: 3 JUL 2003
- Article first published online: 25 DEC 2001
- 6630/03/98: received 13 March 1998, revised 15 July 1998 and accepted 22 July 1998
- 1995 The public health laboratory service national case-control study of primary indigenous sporadic cases of campylobacter infection. Epidemiology and Infection, 115, 15–22. , , &
- 1994 Rank correlation.In Statistical Methods in Medical ResearchArmitage, P. And Berry, G465–466. Oxford: Blackwell Science. &
- 1992 Prevalence, biotypes, plasmid profile and antimicrobial resistance of campylobacter isolated from wild and domestic animals from Northeast Portugal. Journal of Applied Bacteriology, 73, 279–285. , , , , &
- 1993 PCR-mediated DNA typing of Campylobacter jejuni isolated from patients with recurrent infections. Research in Microbiology, 144, 703–708. , , , , &
- 1994 Polymerase chain reaction-mediated DNA fingerprinting for epidemiological studies on Campylobacter spp. Journal of Medical Microbiology, 40, 141–147. , , et al.
- 1995 Investigation of an outbreak of Campylobacter upsaliensis in day care centers in Brussels: analysis of relationships among isolates of phenotypic and genotypic typing methods. Journal of Infectious Diseases, 172, 1298–1305. , , et al.
- 1990 Campylobacters associated with human diarrhoeal disease. Journal of Applied Bacteriology, 69, 281–301. &
- 1991 A note on the comparative efficacy of three selective media for the isolation of Campylobacter species from environmental samples. Zeitblatt für Hygiene, 192, 116–123.
- 1985 Chemotactic behaviour of Campylobacter jejuniIn Campylobacter IIIPearson, A.D., Skirrow, M.B., Lior, H. And Rowe, B143. London: Public Health Laboratory Service. &
- 1993 The colonization of broiler chickens with Campylobacter jejuni: some epidemiological investigations. Epidemiology and Infection, 110, 601–607. , &
- 1992 Risk factors for sporadic campylobacter infections: results of a case-control study in Southeastern Norway. Journal of Clinical Microbiology, 30, 3117–3121. , , , &
- 1986 Mucus colonization as a determinant of pathogenicity in intestinal infection by Campylobacter jejuni: a mouse caecal model. Infection and Immunity, 51, 536–546. , , &
- 1992 RAPD analysis of campylobacter isolates: DNA fingerprinting without the need to purify DNA. Letters in Applied Microbiology, 14, 260–262. , , &
- 1991 Antigenic shifts in serotype determinants of Campylobacter coli are accompanied by changes in the chromosomal DNA restriction endonuclease digestion pattern. Journal of Medical Microbiology, 35, 168–173. , , , &
- 1984 Epidemiological investigations on Campylobacter jejuni in households with a primary infection. Journal of Hygiene, 92, 325–332. , , &
- 1991 Comparison of Preston agar and a blood-free selective medium for isolation of Campylobacter jejuni in food. Journal of the Association of Official Analytical Chemists, 74, 651–654.
- 1983 Isolation and characterization of Campylobacter jejuni and Campylobacter coli from domestic and wild mammals in Norway. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 46, 855–859. , , &
- 1994 Using mismatched primer-template pairs in touch down PCR. Biotechnology, 16, 812–814.
- 1991 Microflora and immunology of the digestive tract. InPhysiology of Small and Large Animals Ruckebusch, Y., Phaneuf, L.P. And Dunlop, R198–208. Philadelphia: Becker. , &
- 1994 Risk factors for campylobacter enteritis in Switzerland. Zeitblatt für Hygiene, 196, 327–337. , , , , &
- 1985 Prevalence and distribution of Campylobacter jejuni and Campylobacter coli in retail meats. Journal of Food Protection, 48, 595–599. , , et al.
- 1992 Study on the epidemiology and control of Campylobacter jejuni in poultry broiler flocks. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 58, 1913–17. , , et al.
- 1991 Distribution of repetitive DNA sequences in eubacteria and application to fingerprinting of bacterial genomes. Nucleic Acids Research, 19, 6823–6831. , &
- 1990 Natural transformation in Campylobacter species. Journal of Bacteriology, 172, 949–955. &
- 1993 Prevalence of campylobacter in pigs during fattening; an epidemiological study. Veterinary Quarterly, 15, 138–143. , , , &
- 1996 Establishing a campylobacter-free pig breeding population: the top-down approach.In Factors Affecting the Microbial Quality of Meat, 1. Disease Status, Production Methods and Transportation of Live Animals Hinton, M.H. And Rowlings, C41–50. Bristol: University of Bristol Press. , , et al.
- 1997 The transmission of campylobacter in piggeries; an epidemiological study. Journal of Applied Microbiology, 83, 693–698. , , et al.
- 1988 Serovars and biovars of campylobacter strains isolated from humans and slaughterhouse animals in northern Germany. Journal of Applied Bacteriology, 64, 135–140. &