Rapid enumeration of Escherichia coli in oysters by a quantitative PCR-ELISA
Version of Record online: 25 DEC 2001
Journal of Applied Microbiology
Volume 86, Issue 2, pages 231–236, February 1999
How to Cite
González, I., García, T., Fernández, A., Sanz, B., Hernández, P. E. and Martín, R. (1999), Rapid enumeration of Escherichia coli in oysters by a quantitative PCR-ELISA. Journal of Applied Microbiology, 86: 231–236. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2672.1999.00659.x
- Issue online: 25 DEC 2001
- Version of Record online: 25 DEC 2001
- 6712/04/98: received 24 April 1998, revised 11 September 1998 and accepted 21 September 1998
- American Public Health Association 1985 Recommended Procedures for the Examination of Sea Water and Shellfish. Washington D.C. American Public Health Association.
- 1995 Detection of Norwalk virus and hepatitis A virus in shellfish tissues with the PCR. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 61, 3014 3018. , , et al.
- 1991. Detection of Escherichia coli and Shigella spp. in water by using the polymerase chain reaction and gene probes for. Uid. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 57, 1013 1017. , , ,
- 1990 Detection of coliform bacteria in water by polymerase chain reaction and gene probes. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 56, 307 314. , , , ,
- 1993 Fluorescent detection-polymerase chain reaction (FD-PCR) assay on microwell plates as a screening test for salmonellas in foods. Journal of Applied Bacteriology, 75, 247 253. , , ,
- 1995 Detection of Escherichia coli in potable water using direct impedance technology. Journal of Applied Bacteriology, 79, 635 639. , ,
- 1977 Escherichia coli: the fecal coliform . In Bacterial Indicators: Health Hazards Associated with Water (eds Hoadley, A.W. & Dutka, B.J), pp. 48 58. Philadelphia: American Society for Testing and Materials.
- 1993 Methods for Escherichia coli identification in food, water and clinical samples based on beta-glucuronidase detection. A review. Journal of Applied Bacteriology, 74, 223 233. &
- 1995 Comparison of a rapid plate count and MNP methods for enumeration of fecal coliforms and Escherichia coli in soft-shell clams. Journal of Food Protection, 58, 1197 1200. , , et al.
- 1997 A quantitative PCR-ELISA for the rapid enumeration of bacteria in refrigerated raw milk. Journal of Applied Microbiology, 83, 518 523. , , , , ,
- 1996 The polymerase chain reaction: applications for the detection of foodborne pathogens. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, 36, 123 173.
- 1991 Polymerase chain reaction identification of Vibrio vulnificus in artificially contaminated oysters. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 57, 707 711. , , , , ,
- 1996 Specific identification of Escherichia coli 0157 by an immunostick method using commercially available antibodies. Journal of Food Protection, 6, 670 674. &
- 1997 Efficiency of the polymerase chain reaction amplification of the uid gene for detection of Escherichia coli in contaminated water. Letters in Applied Microbiology, 24, 498 502. , , , , ,
- 1993 Detection of Salmonella spp. in oysters using polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and gene probes. Journal of Food Science, 58, 1191 1197. , ,
- 1992 Polymerase chain reaction identification of enteroinvasive Escherichia coli seeded into raw milk. Journal of Food Protection, 5, 382 384. &
- 1993 Rapid polymerase chain reaction method for detection of Vibrio cholerae in foods. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 59, 556 569. , , ,
- 1992 Selection of cell wall antigens for the rapid detection of bacteria by immunological methods. Journal of Applied Bacteriology, 72, 220 226. &
- 1997. Improving detection of Vibrio vulnificus in Octopus variabilis by PCR. Journal of Food Science, 62, 179 182. , ,
- 1994 Development of a method for detection of enteroviruses in shellfish by PCR with poliovirus as a model. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 60, 2999 3005. , ,
- 1984 Enteropathogenic Escherichia coli of classical serotypes associated with infant diarrhea: epidemiology and pathogenesis. Epidemiological Reviews, 6, 31 51. &
- 1995 Nucleic acid detection using non-radioactive labelling methods. Molecular and Cellular Probes, 9, 145 156. , , , , ,
- 1991 Direct detection by polymerase chain reaction (PCR) of Escherichia coli in water and soft cheese and identification of enterotoxigenic strains. Letters in Applied Microbiology, 13, 268 271. , ,
- 1986 Widespread outbreaks of clam- and oyster-associated gastroenteritis. Role of Norwalk virus. National English Journal of Medicine, 314, 678 681. , , et al.
- 1980 Uptake and elimination of bacteria in shellfish. Journal of Food Protection, 43, 124 126. , , ,
- 1997 Evolutionary relationships among pathogenic and nonpathogenic Escherichia coli strains inferred from multilocus enzyme electrophoresis and mdh sequence studies. Infection and Immunity, 65, 2685 2692. , , ,
- 1995 Chemiluminiscent and colorimetric enzymatic assays for the detection of PCR-amplified Salmonella sp. products in microplates. Biotechnology, 19, 792 796. , , , ,
- 1996 Quantification of polymerase chain reaction products: enzyme immunoassay based systems for digoxigenin and biotin-labelled products that quantify either total or specific amplicons. Molecular and Cellular Probes, 10, 31 41. , , ,
- 1993 Fluorescent antibodies applied to direct epifluorescent filter technique for microscopic enumeration of Escherichia coli 0157: H7 in milk and juice. Journal of Food Protection, 8, 672 677. &
- 1993 Detection of Escherichia coli in sewage and sludge by polymerase chain reaction. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 59, 353 357. , ,
- 1996 Comparison of commercially available kits with standard methods for the detection of coliforms and Escherichia coli in foods. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 62, 2236 2243. , ,
- 1997 An evaluation of the use of 4-methylumbelliferyl-β- d-glucuronide (MUG) in different solid media for the detection and enumeration of Escherichia coli in foods. Letters in Applied Microbiology, 24, 286 290. , ,