A highly thermostable amylase from a newly isolated thermophilic Bacillus sp. WN11
Version of Record online: 25 DEC 2001
Journal of Applied Microbiology
Volume 86, Issue 4, pages 557–560, April 1999
How to Cite
Mamo, G., Gashe, B. A. and Gessesse, A. (1999), A highly thermostable amylase from a newly isolated thermophilic Bacillus sp. WN11. Journal of Applied Microbiology, 86: 557–560. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2672.1999.00685.x
- Issue online: 25 DEC 2001
- Version of Record online: 25 DEC 2001
- 6880/09/98: received 9 September 1998 and accepted 19 October 1998
- 1990 Physiology and enzymology of thermophilic anaerobic bacteria degrading starch. FEMS Microbiology Reviews, 75, 201–218.
- 1997 Purification and characterization of the α-amylase of Bacillus flavothermus. Enzyme and Microbial Technology, 20, 340–343. , &
- 1985 Life at high temperatures. Science, 230, 132–138.
- 1992 Biodiversity as a source of innovation in biotechnology. Annual Review of Microbiology, 46, 219–252. , &
- 1997 Amylolytic activity of Thermomonospora fusca. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 13, 637–642. &
- 1987 Screening for novel biocatalysts. Enzyme and Microbial Technology, 9, 194–213.
- 1980 Glucose isomerase (a review). Process Biochemistry, 15, 36–41.
- 1997 Enzymes involved in the processing of starch to sugars. TIBTECH, 15, 349–352. &
- 1998 Extracellular α-amylase from Thermus filiformis Ork A2: purification and biochemical characterization. Extremophiles, 2, 23–32. , , &
- 1984 α-Amylase production in batch and continuous cultures by Bacillus caldolyticus. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 19, 301–305. &
- 1983 Amylases, amyloglucosidases, and related glucanases. In: Microbial Enzymes and Biotechnology (ed. Fogarty, W.M), pp. 115–170. London: Applied Science. &
- 1990 The α-amylase of the caldoactive bacterium Bacillus caldovelox. Biochemical Society Transactions, 18, 310–311. , &
- 1989 Production of amylase and pullulanases by an alkalopsychrotrphic Micrococcus sp. Agricultural and Biological Chemistry, 53, 2963–2968. &
- 1990 Thermostable liquefying α-amylase from Bacillus amyloliquefacines. Biotechnology Letters, 12, 393–396. &
- 1989 Thermophilic organisms as sources of thermostable enzymes. Trends in Biotechnology, 7, 349–353.
- 1990 Production of an extracellular thermostable calcium-inhibited α-amylase by Bacillus licheniformis MY 10. Enzyme and Microbial Technology, 12, 714–716. , &
- 1990 Comparative kinetics of d-xylose and d-glucose isomerase activities of the d-xylose isomerase from Thermus aquaticus HB8. Biological Chemistry Hoppe-Seyler, 371, 527–536. &
- 1997 Thermostable amylase production by immobilized Bacillus sp. Biotechnology Techniques, 11, 447–450. &
- 1986 Industrial applications of thermostable enzymes. In: Thermophiles: General, Molecular and Applied Microbiology (ed. Brock, T.D), pp. 197–213. New York: John Wiley and Sons. &
- 1987 Purification and preliminary characterization of an extracellular pullulanase from Thermoanaerobium Tok6–B1. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 26, 427–433. , , &
- 1988 Cell growth and α-amylase production characteristics of Bacillus amyloliquefaciens. Biotechnology and Bioengineering, 33, 197–206. , &
- 1991 d-xylose (d-glucose) isomerase from Arthrobacter strain N.R.R.L. B3728. Biochemical Journal, 277, 255–261. , &
- 1986. Bergey's Manual of Determinative Bacteriology, 2, 1105–1138. Baltimore: Wiliams and Wilkins.
- 1966 Studies on sugar-isomerizing enzyme production and utilization of glucose isomerase from Streptomyces sp. Agricultural and Biological Chemistry, 30, 1247–1253.
- 1993 Thermostable α-amylase from derepressed Bacillus licheniformis produced in high yields from glucose. Process Biochemistry, 28, 539–542. , &
- 1990 Characterization of a thermostable Bacillus stearothermophilusα-amylase. Biotechnology and Applied Biochemistry, 12, 427–435. &
- 1990 Starch-degrading enzymes from anaerobic non-clostridial bacteria. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 33, 602–606. , &
- 1994 Characterization of a new Bacillus stearothermophilus isolate: a highly thermostable α-amylase producing strain. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 41, 155–162. , , , &