Production of cutinase by Thermomonospora fusca ATCC 27730
Article first published online: 25 DEC 2001
Journal of Applied Microbiology
Volume 86, Issue 4, pages 561–568, April 1999
How to Cite
Fett, W. F., Wijey, C., Moreau, R. A. and Osman, S. F. (1999), Production of cutinase by Thermomonospora fusca ATCC 27730. Journal of Applied Microbiology, 86: 561–568. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2672.1999.00690.x
- Issue published online: 25 DEC 2001
- Article first published online: 25 DEC 2001
- 6908/10/98: received 5 October 1998 and accepted 5 November 1998
- 1991 Purification and cooperative activity of enzymes constituting the xylan-degrading system of Thermomonospora fusca. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 57, 2121–2130. &
- 1991 Identification of a fungal cutinase promoter that is inducible by a plant signal via a phosphorylated trans-acting factor. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA, 88, 8208–8212. , &
- 1995 Hydroxycinnamic acid-derived polymers constitute the polyaromatic domain of suberin. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 270, 7382–7386. , , &
- 1984 Suberin-grown Fusarium solani f. sp. pisi generates a cutinase-like esterase which depolymerizes the aliphatic components of suberin. Physiological Plant Pathology, 24, 143–155. , &
- 1992a Cutinase production by Streptomyces spp. Current Microbiology, 25, 165–171. , , , &
- 1992b Screening of nonfilamentous bacteria for production of cutin-degrading enzymes. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 58, 2123–2130. , , , &
- 1993 Evaluation of cutinase activity of various industrial lipases. Biotechnology and Applied Biochemistry, 17, 181–189. , , &
- 1992 Separation, identification and quantification of monomers from cutin polymers by high performance liquid chromatography and evaporative light scattering detection. Phytochemical Analysis, 3, 139–142. , , &
- 1995 Lipase from Pseudomonas mendocina having cutinase activity. U.S. Patent, 5 (389), 536. , &
- 1982 The chemical constitution of plant cutins. in the Plant Cuticle (eds Cutler, D.F. Alvin, K.L. & Price, C.E), pp. 45–85. London. Academic Press.
- 1994 Characterization and sequence of a Thermomonospora fusca xylanase. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 60, 763–770. , &
- 1988 Enhancement of biocide. U.S. Patent, 4 (762), 547. &
- 1985 Enzymatic penetration of the plant cuticle by fungal pathogens. Annual Review of Phytopathology, 23, 223–250.
- 1996a Enzymes as agricultural chemical adjuvants. U. S. Patent, 5 (545), 547. &
- 1996b Cutinase cleaning compositions. U.S. Patent, 5 (512), 203. &
- 1981 Cutinases from fungi and pollen. Methods in Enzymology, 71, 652–664. , &
- 1989 Purification and characterization of cutinase from Venturia inaequalis. Phytopathology, 79, 278–283. &
- 1991 Cloning, expression and characterization of cutinase, a fungal lipolytic enzyme. In: Lipases: Structure, Mechanism and Genetic Engineering (eds Alberghina, L. Schmid, R.D. & Verger, R), pp. 243–251. New York: VCH Publishers. , , , &
- 1978 Induction of a biopolyester hydrolase (cutinase) by low levels of cutin monomers in Fusarium solani f. sp. Pisi. Journal of Bacteriology, 133, 942–951. &
- 1980 Isolation and characterization of a cuticular polyester (cutin) hydrolyzing enzyme from phytopathogenic fungi. Physiological Plant Pathology, 17, 1–5. &
- 1995 Purification and characterization of the major β-1,4-endoglucanase from Thermomonospora curvata. Journal of Applied Bacteriology, 79, 447–453. &
- 1992 Fusarium solani cutinase is a lipolytic enzyme with a catalytic serine accessible to solvent. Nature, 356, 615–618. , , , &
- 1989 Thermomonospora and related genera. In: Bergey's Manual of Systematic Bacteriology, Vol. 4, eds. Williams, S.T., Sharpe, M.E. & Holt, J.G, pp. 2552–2572. Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins.
- 1986 Industrial applications of thermostable enzymes. In: Thermophiles: General, Molecular and Applied Microbiology (ed. Brock, T.D), pp. 197–215. New York: Wiley. &
- 1994 Suberin degradation by Rosellinia desmazieresii. European Journal of Forest Pathology, 24, 316–322. &
- 1996 Enzyme assisted degradation of surface membranes of harvested fruits and vegetables. U.S. Patent, 5 (510), 131. &
- 1996 Screening wood- and bark-inhabiting Basidiomycetes for esterase activity in liquid stationary culture. Mycologia, 88, 831–838. , &
- 1987 Discovery of a cutinase-producing Pseudomonas sp. cohabiting with an apparently nitrogen-fixing Corynebacterium sp. in the phyllosphere. Journal of Bacteriology, 169, 131–136. , &
- 1988 Purification and characterization of cutinase from a fluorescent Pseudomonas putida bacterial strain isolated from the phyllosphere. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, 262, 77–85. &
- 1994 Extracellular enzyme production by Thermomonospora curvata grown on bagasse. Journal of Industrial Microbiology, 13, 35–42.
- 1993 Diversity of cutinases from plant pathogenic fungi: purification and characterization of two cutinases from Alternaria brassicicola. Physiological and Molecular Plant Pathology, 42, 205–220. &
- 1990 Waxes, cutin and suberin. In: Methods in Plant Biochemistry, Vol. 4. Lipids, Membranes and Aspects of Photobiology(eds Harwood, J.L. & Bowyer, J.R), pp. 105–158. San Diego: Academic Press.
- 1988 Cellulases of Thermomonospora fusca. Methods in Enzymology, 160, 314–323.
- 1984 Degradation of raspberry suberin by Fusarium solani f. sp. pisi and Armillaria mellea. Phytopathologische Zietschrift, 110, 192–199. &