Differentiation between brewing and non-brewing yeasts using a combination of PCR and RFLP
Version of Record online: 25 DEC 2001
Journal of Applied Microbiology
Volume 86, Issue 3, pages 505–513, March 1999
How to Cite
Yamagishi, H., Otsuta, Y., Funahashi, W., Ogata, T. and Sakai, K. (1999), Differentiation between brewing and non-brewing yeasts using a combination of PCR and RFLP. Journal of Applied Microbiology, 86: 505–513. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2672.1999.00691.x
- Issue online: 25 DEC 2001
- Version of Record online: 25 DEC 2001
- 6887/09/98: received 16 September 1998 and accepted 5 November 1998
- 1994 Tafel 11 Hefen in der Brauerei. In: Farbatlas und Handbuch der Getrankebiologie, pp. 32 33. Nurnberg: Verlag, Hans Carl
- 1994 Cloning and analysis of a FLO5 flocculation gene from S. cerevisiae. Current Genetics, 25, 196 201. , , , ,
- 1995 The nucleotide sequence of chromosome I from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA, 92, 3809 3813. , , et al.
- 1996 Application of the polymerase chain reaction to the rapid analysis of brewery yeast strains. Journal of the Institute of Brewing, 102, 349 354. , ,
- 1953 The measurement of yeast flocculence and its significance in brewing. Wallerstein Laboratory Communications, 16, 315 325. , ,
- 1987 A ten-minute DNA preparation from yeast efficiently releases autonomous plasmids for transformation of Escherichia coli. Gene, 57, 267 272. &
- 1995 The FLO1 genes determine two flocculation phenotypes distinguished by sugar inhibition. In: Proceedings of the 25th European Brewery Convention Congress, Brussels, pp. 361 368. Oxford: IRL Press. , ,
- 1996 Identification and differentiation of brewing yeasts using specific and RAPD Polymerase Chain Reaction. Journal of the American Society of Brewing Chemists, 54, 97 102. , , ,
- 1982 The 5S rna genes of Schizosacchromyces pombe. Nucleic Acids Research, 11, 487 500. , , , , ,
- 1977 Nucleotide sequence characterization of 5S ribosomal RNA from several yeast species. Nucleic Acids Research (Special Publication), 3, 153 156.
- 1988 Isolation and nucleotide sequence analysis of the URA3 (orotidine-5-phosphate decarboxylase) gene of Klyveromyces lactis. Agriculture Biological Chemistry, 52, 3067 3071. &
- 1993 PCR amplification of the 3′ external transcribed and intergenic spacers of the ribosomal DNA repeat unit in three species of Saccharomyces. FEMS Microbiology Letters, 108, 259 264. , ,
- 1992 Isolation and nucleotide sequence of Hansenula anomala URA3 gene encoding orotidine-5′-phosphate decarboxylase. Journal of Fermentation and Bioengineering, 74, 352 357. , , ,
- 1990 Flocculation mechanism of Hansenula anomala J224. Agricultural Biological Chemistry, 262, 1425 1432. , , , ,
- 1994 The non-Sacchaomyces yeasts. Yeast, 10, 1707 1726.
- 1993 Sequence of the open reading frame of the FLO1 gene from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast, 9, 423 427. , , , ,
- 1996 RAPD-PCR characterization of brewery yeast and beer spoilage bacteria. Journal of the American Society of Brewing Chemists, 54, 91 96. , , , ,
- 1987 Three newly delimited species of. Saccharomyces Sensu Stricto. Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek, 53, 77 84. &
- 1998 Saccharomyces Myen ex Resse. in the Yeast, a Taxonomic Study (eds Kurtzman, C.P. & Fell, J.W), pp. 358 371. Amsterdam. Elsevier. &
- 1990 Rapid genetic identification and mapping of enzymatically amplified ribosomal DNA from several Cryptococcus species. Journal of Bacteriology, 172, 4238 4246. &
- 1994 Molecular cloning and analysis of the yeast flocculation gene. Flo1. Yeast, 10, 211 225. , , et al.
- 1978 Treatment of waste-water discharged from a sake brewery using yeast. Journal of Fermentation Technology, 56, 389 395.