Intermittent shedding of thermophilic campylobacters by sheep at pasture
Version of Record online: 25 DEC 2001
Journal of Applied Microbiology
Volume 86, Issue 3, pages 531–536, March 1999
How to Cite
Jones, K., Howard, S. and Wallace, J. S. (1999), Intermittent shedding of thermophilic campylobacters by sheep at pasture. Journal of Applied Microbiology, 86: 531–536. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2672.1999.00702.x
- Issue online: 25 DEC 2001
- Version of Record online: 25 DEC 2001
- 6865/08/98: received 24 August 1998 and accepted 17 November 1998
- 1987 A study of thermophilic campylobacters in a river system. Journal of Applied Bacteriology, 62, 167 176. , , ,
- 1992 Identification and biotyping of campylobacters. In: Identification Methods in Applied and Environmental Microbiology, Vol. 29, eds.Board, R.G., Jones, D. & Skinner, F.A, pp. 151 161. Oxford: Blackwell Scientific Publications. , , ,
- 1992 Prevalence, biotypes, plasmid profile and antimicrobial resistance of Campylobacter isolated from wild and domestic animals from Northeast Portugal. Journal of Applied Bacteriology, 73, 279 285. , , , , ,
- 1988 Campylobacter species: considerations for controlling a foodborne pathogen. Journal of Food Protection, 51, 145 153.
- 1991 Campylobacter jejuni/coli. Foodborne Microorganisms of Public Health Significance 4th edn(ed. Buckle, K.A), pp. 136 151. AIFST (NSW Branch) Food Microbiology Group.
- 1958 Metabolic disorders associated with movement of hill sheep. Veterinary Record, 70, 77 78. &
- 1990 Thermophilic campylobacters in aquatic habitats around Lancaster, UK: negative correlation with incidence of infection in the community. Journal of Applied Bacteriology, 69, 758 764. , ,
- 1996 Campylobacters and faecal indicators in streams and a small river subject to farm run-off. In: Campylobacters, Helicobacters, and Related Organisms (eds Newell, D.G. Ketley, J.M. & Feldman, R.A), pp. 123 128. New York: Plenum Publishing Corporation. &
- 1997 Evaluation of dietary influences on Escherichia coli O157: H7 shedding by sheep. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 63, 3878 3886. , , , ,
- 1999 The effect of a new sewage treatment plant on faecal indicator numbers, campylobacters and bathing water compliance in Morecambe bay. Journal of Applied Microbiology, in press. &
- 1994 Diseases due to Campylobacter, Helicobacter and related bacteria. Journal of Comparative Pathology, 111, 113 149.
- 1965. Sheep Production and Grazing Management. London: Ballière, Tindall and Cox .
- 1981. Biological Efficiency in Agriculture. London. Academic Press. , ,
- 1980. Sheep Production, Science Into Practice. London. Longman.
- 1998c Thermophilic campylobacters in ground water. Journal of Applied Microbiology, 85, 187 191. , ,
- 1998b The seasonal variation of thermophilic campylobacters in beef cattle, dairy cattle and calves. Journal of Applied Microbiology, 85, 472 480. , , , ,
- 1998a Seasonal variation of thermophilic campylobacters in lambs at slaughter. Journal of Applied Microbiology, 84, 1111 1116. , , , ,
- 1997 Seasonality of thermophilic Campylobacter populations in chickens. Journal of Applied Microbiology, 82, 219 224. , , , ,
- 1998 Colonization of turkeys with thermophilic campylobacters. Journal of Applied Microbiology, 85, 224 230. , ,
- 1997 The transmission of Campylobacter in piggeries; an epidemiological study. Journal of Applied Microbiology, 83, 693 698. , , et al.
- 1996 Campylobacters, salmonellas and faecal indicator bacteria in the Lune estuary. In: Campylobacters, Helicobacters, and Related Organisms (eds Newell, D.G. Ketley, J.M. & Feldman, R.A), pp. 171 175. New York: Plenum Publishing Corporation. &