Microbial and chemical changes during the spontaneous ensilage of grape pomace
Article first published online: 25 DEC 2001
Journal of Applied Microbiology
Volume 86, Issue 5, pages 777–784, May 1999
How to Cite
De Pina, C. G. and Hogg, T. A. (1999), Microbial and chemical changes during the spontaneous ensilage of grape pomace. Journal of Applied Microbiology, 86: 777–784. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2672.1999.00726.x
- Issue published online: 25 DEC 2001
- Article first published online: 25 DEC 2001
- 6894/09/98: received 23 September 1998, revised 21 December 1998 and accepted 5 January 1999
- Anonymous 1997 Vinhos e Aguardentes de Portugal. Anuário 1996/97. Instituto da Vinha e do Vinho. Lisbon: EUROSTANDARTE.
- 1990. Yeasts, Characteristics and Identification. Cambridge. Cambridge University Press. , ,
- 1994 Yeasts identification PC Program, Version 3. United Kingdom. , ,
- 1996. Principles and Practices of Winemaking. New York. The Chapman & Hall Enology Library. , , ,
- 1995Aspectos de la influencia del suelo y el clima en la flora levaduriforme espontanea en las uvas de la variedad airen.AlimentariaJuly-August.29 32. , , ,
- 1995 The influence of Brettanomyces/Dekkera sp. yeasts and lactic acid bacteria on the ethylphenol content of red wines. American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, 46, 463 468. , ,
- 1995 The growth kinetics and fermentation behaviour of some non-Saccharomyces yeasts associated with wine-making process. Biotechnology Letters, 17, 1247 1250. &
- 1994 Diversity of ethanol-tolerant lactobacilli isolated from Douro fortified wine: clustering and identification by numerical analysis of electrophoretic protein profiles. Journal of Applied Bacteriology, 76, 487 491. &
- 1995 Influence of ethanol and temperature on the cellular fatty acid composition of Zygosaccharomyces bailii spoilage yeasts. Journal of Applied Bacteriology, 78, 327 334. &
- 1987 Ethanol tolerance of yeast. Enzyme and Microbial Technology, 9, 322 330. &
- 1982 Grape pomace: possibilities as animal feed. American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, 33, 44 46. &
- 1990 Growth of yeasts during wine fermentations. Journal of Wine Research, 1, 211 223.
- 1993 Growth during fermentation. In: Wine Microbiology and Biotechnology (ed. Fleet, G.H), pp. 27 55. Harwood Academic Publishers. &
- 1988 The effects of temperature and pH on the ethanol tolerance of wine yeasts, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Candida stellata and Kloeckera apiculata. Journal of Applied Bacteriology, 65, 405 409. &
- 1986 Utilization of grape pomace for citric acid production by solid state fermentation. American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, 37, 141 142. &
- 1990 The influence of the yeast and type of culture on the volatile composition of wines fermented without sulfur dioxide. American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, 41, 313 318. , , , ,
- 1995 Resistance of some wine spoilage yeasts to combinations of ethanol and acids present in wine. Journal of Applied Bacteriology, 78, 245 250. , ,
- 1986 Alcaligenes piechaudii, a new species of human clinical specimens and the environment. International Journal of Systematic Bacteriology, 36, 282 287. , , , ,
- 1970 Cleavage of structural proteins during the assembly of the head of bacteriophage T4. Nature, 227, 680 685.
- 1983 Occurrence of lactic acid bacteria during different stages of vinification and conservation of wines. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 46, 874 880. , ,
- 1996 Contribution of Saccharomyces and non-Saccharomyces populations to the production of some components of Albariño wine aroma. American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, 47, 206 216. , , ,
- 1992 Epiphytic lactic acid bacteria succession during the pre-ensiling and ensiling periods of alfalfa and maize. Journal of Applied Bacteriology, 73, 375 387. , , ,
- 1991 Relationship between phospholipid and sterol contents in Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Torulaspora delbrueckii and their fermentation activity in grape musts. American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, 42, 301 308. , ,
- 1938 The estimation of the bactericidal power of blood. Journal of Hygiene, 38, 732 749. &
- 1981. Conhecer E Trabalhar O Vinho. Paris: Dunod.
- 1976 Solid waste generation and by-product recovery potential from winery residues. American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, 27, 21 26.
- 1993 Estudio comparativo de las especies de levaduras autoctonas aisladas durante dos vendimias en la isla de Tenerife. Alimentaria, 243, 2 5. &
- 1995Influencia de la adición de levaduras autóctonas en los parámetros físico-químicos y compuestos volátiles de um mosto. Alimentation, Equipos y TecnologiaDecember55 58. , ,
- 1993 Wine spoilage by microorganisms. In: Wine Microbiology and Biotechnology (ed. Fleet, G.H), pp. 395 421. Harwood Academic Publishers.
- 1984 Methods for the isolation, maintenance, classification and identification of yeasts. in the Yeasts, a Taxonomic Study (ed. Kreger-Van Rij, N), pp. 45 103. Amsterdam. Elsevier. &
- 1988 The effect of applying lactic bacteria at ensilage on the chemical and microbiological composition of vetch, wheat and alfalfa silages. Journal of Applied Bacteriology, 64, 1 7. , ,
- 1984. The Silage Fermentation. New York. Marcel Dekker, Inc.