The use of LenticulesTM for the process control of enumeration techniques in food and environmental microbiology
Article first published online: 7 JUL 2008
Journal of Applied Microbiology
Volume 91, Issue 4, pages 660–667, October 2001
How to Cite
Lightfoot, N.F. , Richardson, I.R. and Harford, J.P. (2001), The use of LenticulesTM for the process control of enumeration techniques in food and environmental microbiology. Journal of Applied Microbiology, 91: 660–667. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2672.2001.01432.x
- Issue published online: 7 JUL 2008
- Article first published online: 7 JUL 2008
- 1Anon. (1983) Methods for the Microbiological Examination of Food and Animal Feeding Stuffs. Part 7. Enumeration of Staphylococcus aureus by Colony Count Method. British Standards Institution BS 5763. London: BSI.
- 2Anon. (1984) Microbiological Examination for Dairy Purposes. Section 2.3. Enumeration of Micro-organisms by Surface Plate Technique for Colony Count. Appendix a. Colony Count Technique Using the Spiral Plate Apparatus. British Standards Institution BS 4285, London: BSI.
- 3Anon. (1986) Methods for the Microbiological Examination of Food and Animal Feeding Stuffs. Part 9. Enumeration of Clostridium perfringens. British Standards Institution BS 5763, London: BSI.
- 4Anon. (1991) NAMAS Accreditation, Standard, General Criteria of Competence for Calibration and Testing Laboratories, M1O. Teddington, Middlesex, UK: National Physical Laboratory.
- 5Anon. (1993) Methods for the Microbiological Examination of Food and Animal Feeding Stuffs. Part 11. Enumeration of Bacillus cereus. British Standards Institution BS 5763, London: BSI.
- 6Anon. (1994) The Microbiology of Water 1994 Part 1 – Drinking Water. Reports on Public Health and Medical Subjects No. 71: Methods for the Examination of Waters and Associated Materials. London: HMSO.
- 7Anon. (1998) PHLS Standard Method for Food Products, Direct Enumeration of Escherichia coli. Standard Method F20. London: PHLS, Technical Services.
- 8Anon. (1999) Recommended Minimum Internal Quality Control in Food Microbiology Testing Laboratories. Q.SOP 18. London: PHLS, Technical Services.
- 111994) Laboratory accreditation: is it needed and can it be standardized? Dairy, Food and Environmental Sanitation 27, 330–334.& (
- 121994) Internal quality control in a routine diagnostic laboratory. Microbiology Digest 11(3): 136–138. PHLS.(
- 141998) Scope and purpose. In Microbiological Analysis of Food and Water, Guidelines for Quality Assurance. pp. 1–8. Amsterdam: Elsevier Science.& (eds) (
- 151992) Development of microbiological reference materials. Commission of the European Communities, Community Bureau of Reference, Report EUR 14375 EN, ISSN 1018–5593., , et al. (