Advanced practice nursing in the Nordic countries
Article first published online: 5 JAN 2002
Journal of Clinical Nursing
Volume 7, Issue 3, pages 257–264, May 1998
How to Cite
Lorensen, M., Jones, D. E. and Hamilton, G. A. (1998), Advanced practice nursing in the Nordic countries. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 7: 257–264. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2702.1998.00186.x
- Issue published online: 5 JAN 2002
- Article first published online: 5 JAN 2002
- Cited By
- advanced clinical practice;
- clinical decision making;
- graduate nursing education;
- nursing education in Nordic countries;
- patient phenomena;
- role theory
• Changes in the delivery of health care and changes in population characteristics and health care requirements mandate changing requirements in nursing education.
• This is necessary to meet patient and family needs and to deliver quality health care.
• This paper describes the background to nursing education in the Nordic countries and gives an account of an initiative in Norway to prepare advanced practice nurses for clinical practice in this dynamic environment.