An exploration of the stroke co-ordinator role
Article first published online: 24 DEC 2001
Journal of Clinical Nursing
Volume 8, Issue 5, pages 535–541, September 1999
How to Cite
Burton, C. R. (1999), An exploration of the stroke co-ordinator role. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 8: 535–541. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2702.1999.00322.x
- Issue published online: 24 DEC 2001
- Article first published online: 24 DEC 2001
- rehabilitation nursing;
- role development;
- stroke co-ordinator
• Although there is knowledge of the substantial benefits of collaborative approaches to stroke rehabilitation, information on alternative management strategies is sparse.
• This paper describes an exploratory survey, undertaken in the north-west of England, to highlight features of the stroke co-ordinator role.
• The role is explored in terms of rehabilitation management and service development. Some strategies to support practitioners in the role, and areas for role development, are suggested.