Changes in self-esteem during a 3-year pre-registration Diploma in Higher Education (Nursing) programme
Article first published online: 20 DEC 2002
Journal of Clinical Nursing
Volume 12, Issue 1, pages 142–143, January 2003
How to Cite
Randle, J. (2003), Changes in self-esteem during a 3-year pre-registration Diploma in Higher Education (Nursing) programme. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 12: 142–143. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2702.2003.00679.x
- Issue published online: 20 DEC 2002
- Article first published online: 20 DEC 2002
- Accepted for publication 24 April 2002
- horizontal violence;
- pre-registration nursing student;
• Nurses’ self-esteem affects patient care.
• This study measured self-esteem of pre-registration nursing students over their 3-year training programme.
• Quantitative data were measured by the Professional Self-Concept Nursing Inventory and the Tennessee Self-Concept Scale.
• Students's self-esteem decreased during their training programme.
• Results indicate a need to address the damaging effects of the process of becoming a nurse.