Migration of vascular plants to secondary woodlands in southern Sweden
Version of Record online: 19 APR 2002
Journal of Ecology
Volume 86, Issue 3, pages 429–438, June 1998
How to Cite
Brunet, J. and Von Oheimb, G. (1998), Migration of vascular plants to secondary woodlands in southern Sweden. Journal of Ecology, 86: 429–438. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2745.1998.00269.x
- Issue online: 19 APR 2002
- Version of Record online: 19 APR 2002
- 1988 Dispersal distance as a benefit of myrmecochory. Oecologia, 75, 507–511.
- 1985The Evolutionary Ecology of Ant–Plant Mutualism. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
- 1984 Influence of microtopography and canopy species on spatial patterns of forest understorey plants. Ecology, 65, 1406–1419.
- 1982 Life histories and demography of shade-tolerant temperate forest herbs: a review. New Phytologist, 90, 757–776.
- 1981 The role of buried seeds in coppicewoods. Biological Conservation, 21, 19–38. &
- 1992 The effect of changing management on seed bank in ancient coppices. Ecology and Management of Coppice Woodlands (ed. G. P.Buckley), pp. 147–166. Chapman & Hall, London. &
- 1996 Herb layer vegetation of south Swedish beech and oak forests – effects of management and soil acidity during one decade. Forest Ecology and Management, 88, 259–272. , &
- 1988 Demographic responses of herb layer species to experimental canopy gaps in a northern hardwood forest. Journal of Ecology, 76, 437–450. &
- 1978 Myrmecochory in Viola: dynamics of seed–ant interactions in some West Virginia species. Journal of Ecology, 66, 53–72. &
- 1994 Deciduous forest vegetation in boreo-nemoral Scandinavia. Acta Phytogeographica Suecica, 80, 1–116.
- 1988 Pflanzensoziologische und ökologische Untersuchungen in Wäldern Süd-Niedersachsens. IV. Vegetationsentwicklung auf langfristigen Dauerflächen von Buchenwald-Kahlschlägen. Tuexenia, 8, 307–326.
- 1993 Relations between the floristic composition of isolated young woods and their proximity to ancient woodland. Journal of Vegetation Science, 4, 693–698.
- 1992 Species richness and seed dispersal to secondary woods in southern Poland. Journal of Biogeography, 19, 195–204. &
- 1992 Seed and microsite limitation of recruitment in plant populations. Oecologia, 91, 360–364. &
- 1986 Vegetation dynamics in temperate lowland primeval forests. Geobotany, 8, 1–537.
- 1985 La recolonisation des champs abandonnés par l’espèce forestière Anemone nemorosa L. I. Distribution et dynamique. Giornale Botanico Italiano, 119, 1–26. &
- 1977 The maintenance of species-richness in plant communities: the importance of the regeneration niche. The Botanical Review, 52, 107–145.
- 1995 Plant species diversity in natural and managed forests of the Pacific Northwest. Ecological Applications, 5, 913–934. &
- 1981 Ants disperse a majority of herbs in a mesic forest community in New York State. Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club, 108, 430–437. , &
- 1997 Effects on the flora in Norway spruce forests following clearcutting and shelterwood cutting. Forest Ecology and Management, 90, 29–49. &
- 1994 Effects of former land use on plant diversity and pattern in European deciduous woodlands. Biodiversity, Temperate Ecosystems, and Global Change (eds T. J. B.Boyle & C. E. B.Boyle), pp. 123–143. Springer, Berlin.
- 1991 Colonization dynamics of herbs and shrubs in a disturbed northern hardwood forest. Journal of Ecology, 79, 605–616. &
- 1988 Changes in the ground flora under plantations on ancient woodland sites. Forestry, 61, 317–338.
- 1985 Seed fate in a population of Carex pilulifera L. I. Seed dispersal and ant–seed mutualism. Oecologia, 67, 416–423.
- 1992 Seed banks in Danish deciduous forests: species composition, seed influx and distribution pattern in soil. Ecography, 15, 86–100.
- 1994 Plant species migration in a mixed-history forest landscape in eastern North America. Ecology, 75, 1491–1502.
- 1995 Possible ecological mechanisms for loss of vernal-herb diversity in logged eastern deciduous forests. Ecological Applications, 5, 935–946. , &
- 1990Pflanzensoziologische Exkursionsflora, 6th edn. Ulmer, Stuttgart.
- 1971 The time table of vegetative spreading in oak fern (Carpogymnia dryopteris (L.) Löve & Löve) and may-lily (Maianthemum bifolium (L.) F. W. Schmidt) in southern Finland. Acta Forestalia Fennica, 118, 1–37.
- 1993Woodland Conservation and Management, 2nd edn. Chapman & Hall, London.
- 1996Natural Woodland. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
- 1984 Historical factors affecting the number and distribution of vascular plant species in the woodlands of central Lincolnshire. Journal of Ecology, 72, 155–182. &
- 1980Ancient Woodland, its History, Vegetation and Uses in England. Arnold, London.
- 1987 Loss of species from deciduous forest understorey immediately following selective tree harvesting. Biological Conservation, 42, 231–244.
- 1967Nordisk Växtgeografi, 2nd edn. Bonniers, Stockholm.
- 1987 Buried germinative seeds in mature beech forests with different herbaceous vegetation and soil types. Holarctic Ecology, 10, 268–277. , &
- 1985Ölands Kärlväxtflora, 2nd edn. Förlagstjänsten, Stockholm.
- 1980 Treefalls and colonization patterns of temperate forest herbs. American Midland Naturalist, 104, 176–184.
- 1985Atlas Över Skaånes Flora. Förlagstjänsten, Stockholm. &
- 1993 Dispersal mode, seed shadows, and colonization patterns. Vegetatio, 107/108, 261–280.
- 1996Biostatistical Analysis, 3rd edn. Prentice Hall, London.