Influence of environmental factors on the growth and interactions between salt marsh plants: effects of salinity, sediment and waterlogging
Article first published online: 24 DEC 2001
Journal of Ecology
Volume 88, Issue 3, pages 492–505, June 2000
How to Cite
Huckle, J. M., Potter, J. A. and Marrs, R. H. (2000), Influence of environmental factors on the growth and interactions between salt marsh plants: effects of salinity, sediment and waterlogging. Journal of Ecology, 88: 492–505. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2745.2000.00464.x
- Issue published online: 24 DEC 2001
- Article first published online: 24 DEC 2001
- 131974). Salt Marshes and Salt Deserts of the World.J. Cramer, Lehre, Germany.
- 151993) Does zonation reflect the succession of salt-marsh vegetation? A comparison of an estuarine and a coastal bar island marsh in the Netherlands. Acta Botanica Neerlandica, 42, 435–445., , &
- 191992) Saltmarsh plant ecology: zonation and succession revisited. Saltmarshes: Morphodynamics, Conservation and Engineering Significance (eds J.R.L.Allen & K.Pye), pp. 63–79. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK.
- 221979) Plant Strategies and Vegetation Processes. Wiley, Chichester, UK.
- 231987) Growth and interactions of saltmarsh species under different flooding regimes. Vegetation Between Land and Sea (eds A.H.L.Huiskes, C.W.P.M.Blom & J.Rozema), pp. 236–258. Dr W. Junk Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands., &
- 271983) C4 photosynthesis at low temperatures. Plant, Cell and Environment, 6, 345–363.
- 281996) Measuring plant neighbour effects. Functional Ecology, 10, 548–549.&
- 291988) Spartina alterniflora dieback in Louisiana – time-course investigation of soil waterlogging effects. Journal of Ecology, 76, 506–521.&
- 301980) The distribution of salt marsh plants and its relation to edaphic factors with particular reference to Puccinellia maritima and Spartina townsendii. PhD Thesis, University of Essex, Colchester, UK.
- 341991) A comparative study of growth and photosynthesis of four halophytes in response to salinity. Acta Oecologia, 12, 673–681.&
- 35SAS (1985). SAS Release 6.03 Edition. SAS Institute, Cary, USA.
- 361987) The impact of competitive interactions on the growth and distribution of plant species in salt marshes. Vegetation Between Land and Sea (eds A.H.L.Huiskes, C.W.P.M.Blom & J.Rozema), pp. 270–81. Dr W. Junk Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands., , &
- 371990) The competitive ability of Spartina anglica on Dutch salt marshes. Spartina Anglica: a Research Review (eds A.J.Gray & P.E.M.Benham), pp. 39–47. HMSO, London.&
- 381990) Morphological variation among natural populations of Spartina anglica. Spartina Anglica: Research Review (eds A.J.Gray & P.E.M.Benham), pp. 26–33 . HMSO, London.
- 411993) The demography of clonal plants in relation to successional habitat change: the case of Spartina anglica. Primary Succession on Land (eds J.Miles & D.W.H.Walton) pp. 193–207. Special Publication Number 12 of the British Ecological Society. Blackwell Science Ltd, Oxford, UK., &