Impact of smokeless tobacco use on smoking in northern Sweden
Article first published online: 22 OCT 2002
Journal of Internal Medicine
Volume 252, Issue 5, pages 398–404, November 2002
How to Cite
Rodu, B., Stegmayr, B., Nasic, S. and Asplund, K. (2002), Impact of smokeless tobacco use on smoking in northern Sweden. Journal of Internal Medicine, 252: 398–404. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2796.2002.01057.x
- Issue published online: 22 OCT 2002
- Article first published online: 22 OCT 2002
- Received 8 July 2002; revision received 3 September 2002; accepted 10 September 2002.
- 5Trends in cardiovascular risk factors in the northern Sweden MONICA study: who are the winners? Cardiovasc Risk Factors 1993; 3: 215., , , ,
- 7The Health Benefits of Smoking Cessation. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Public Health Service, Centers for Disease Control, Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health. DHHS Publication no. (CDC) 90-8416. : US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service,1990.
- 8Quit-Smoking Patterns in Swedish Males and Females: The Role of Snuff Dipping and Nicotine Dependence. Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco, Annual Meeting, 1995,San Diego, CA, USA.
- 9Nicotine Dependence Among Swedish Smokers and Ex-smokers. Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco, Annual Meeting, 1998,New Orleans, LA, USA.
- 10Public Health Report (Sweden), Epidemiology Central, National Board of Health and Welfare, Stockholm, 2001.
- 11The Tobacco Epidemic. Prog Respir Res, 1997; 28: 64 – 77.Prevalence and other dimensions of smoking in the world. In: , , eds.
- 12Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Use of smokeless tobacco among adults – United States, 1991. MMWR 1993; 42: 263 – 6.
- 13Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Surveillance for selected tobacco-use behaviors – United States, 1900–1994. MMWR 1994; 43: SS03.
- 14Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Cigarette smoking among adults – United States, 1998. MMWR 2000; 49: 881 – 4.
- 15Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Cigarette Smoking Among Adults – United States, 1999. MMWR 2001; 50: 869 – 72.
- 16Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Reducing the Health Consequences of Smoking: 25 Years of Progress – A Report of the Surgeon General. DHHS publication no. (CDC) 89-8411. Rockville, MD: US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, 1989.
- 21Smokeless tobacco a possible risk factor for myocardial infarction. A population-based study in middle-aged men. JACC 1999; 63: 195 – 200., , , ,