Writing committee: Robert Clarke, Georgina Harrison and Sue Richards. Steering Committee: Marc Budge, Robert Clarke, John Grimley Evans, Georgina Harrison, Judy Haworth, Robin Jacoby, Elizabeth King, Sue Richards, A David Smith Gordon Wilcock. Coordinating Centre:Clinical Trial Service Unit, Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford, UK: Robert Clarke, Georgina Harrison, Sue Richards, Savita Shah, Alan Young. Clinical Centres:Oxford Project to Investigate Memory and Ageing, Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford, UK: Marc Budge, Elizabeth King, Margrit Campbell, Judith Rue, Donald Warden, Clare Bateman, Robin Jacoby, A David Smith. Department of Care of the Elderly, Frenchay Hospital, Bristol, UK: Judy Haworth, Emma Lander, Jeffrey Lennon, Julia Boot, and Gordon Wilcock. Laboratories:Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland: Desmond Fitzgerald, Brendan Hahren, Orina Belton, Aine ni Ainle. Department of Biochemistry, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland: John Scott, Joseph McPartlin, Department of Clinical Biochemistry, AKH Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark: Ebba Nexo, Frode Engbaek. University Department of Pharmacology, Oxford, UK: Carole Johnston.
Effect of vitamins and aspirin on markers of platelet activation, oxidative stress and homocysteine in people at high risk of dementia
Version of Record online: 16 JUN 2003
Journal of Internal Medicine
Volume 254, Issue 1, pages 67–75, July 2003
How to Cite
VITAL Trial Collaborative Group (2003), Effect of vitamins and aspirin on markers of platelet activation, oxidative stress and homocysteine in people at high risk of dementia. Journal of Internal Medicine, 254: 67–75. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2796.2003.01154.x
- Issue online: 16 JUN 2003
- Version of Record online: 16 JUN 2003
- Received 5 December 2002; revision received 4 February 2003; accepted 27 February 2003.
- 4The effects of additional pathology on the cognitive deficit in Alzheimer's disease. J Neuropathy Exp Neurol 1997; 56: 105 – 70., , et al.
- 6Antithrombotic Trialist's Collaboration. Collaborative meta-analysis of randomised trials of antiplatelet therapy for prevention of death, myocardial infarction, and stroke in high-risk patients. BMJ 2002; 234: 71 – 86.
- 18Mini-mental State: a practical method for grading cognitive state of patients for the clinician. J Psychiatr Res 1975; 313: 1419 – 20., , .
- 20American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Washington, DC: APA, 1994.