Super-resolution microscopy using normal flow decoding and geometric constraints
Version of Record online: 12 JAN 2002
Journal of Microscopy
Volume 204, Issue 2, pages 136–149, November 2001
How to Cite
Danuser, G. (2001), Super-resolution microscopy using normal flow decoding and geometric constraints. Journal of Microscopy, 204: 136–149. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2818.2001.00950.x
- Issue online: 12 JAN 2002
- Version of Record online: 12 JAN 2002
- Received 11 August 2000; accepted 18 May 2001
- 1993) Enhancement of axial resolution in fluorescence microscopy by standing wave excitation. Nature, 366, 44–48. , , , (
- 1963) Application of apodization to increase two-point resolution by the Sparrow criterion. II. Incoherent illumination. J. Opt. Soc. Am. 53, 274–282. & (
- . (1962) Application of apodization to increase two-point resolution by the Sparrow criterion. II. Coherent illumination. J. Opt. Soc. Am. 52, 276–283.
- 1994) Performance of optical flow techniques. Int. J. Comp. Vision, 12, 43–77. , , (
- 1995) Superresolution three-dimensional images of fluorescence in cells with minimal light exposure. Science, 268, 1483–1487. , , , , , (
- 1995) Motion-based recognition: a survey. Image Vision Computing, 13, 129–155. & (
- 1986) Information capacity and resolution in an optical system. J. Opt. Soc. Am. 3, 1152–1158. & (
- 1997) Quantitative stereo vision for the stereo light microscope: an attempt to provide control feedback for a nanorobot system. PhD Thesis, ETH Zurich. . (
- . (1999) Photogrammetric calibration of a stereo light microscope. J. Microsc. 193, 62–83.DOI: 10.1046/j.1365-2818.1999.00425.x
- 1997) Resolution: a survey. J. Opt. Soc. Am. 14, 547–557. & (
- 1990) Two-photon laser scanning fluorescence microscopy. Science, 248, 73–76. , , (
- 2000) True optical resolution beyond the Rayleigh limit achieved by standing wave illumination. Proc. Natl. Acad. USA, 97, 7232–7236. , , (
- 1995) Sevenfold improvement of axial resolution in 3D widefield microscopy using two objective lenses. Three-Dimensional Microscopy: Image Acquisition and Processing. SPIE, 2412, 147–156. (
- 2000) Surpassing the lateral resolution limit by a factor of two using structured illumination microscopy. J. Microsc. 198, 82–87.DOI: 10.1046/j.1365-2818.2000.00710.x (
- . (1999) Extended resolution fluorescence microscopy. Curr. Op. Struct. Biol. 9, 627–634.
- 1998). Laterally modulated excitation microscopy: improvement of resolution using a diffraction grating. Three-Dimensional Microscopy: Image Acquisition and Processing. SPIE, 3568, 185–195. & (
- 1992) Properties of a 4Pi confocal fluorescence microscope. J. Opt. Soc. Am. A, 9, 2159–2166. & (
- 1981) Determining the optical flow. Artificial Intelligence, 17, 185–203. & (
- 2000) Fluorescence microscopy with diffraction resolution barrier broken by stimulated emission. Proc. Natl. Acad. USA, 97, 8206–8210. , , , , (
- 1995) Multiscale detection of curvilinear structures in 2-D and 3-D image data. Proc. 5th Int. Conf. Comp. Vision ICCV′95, pp. 864–869. IEEE Computer Society Press, Cambridge, MA. , , , (
- . (1966) Optical systems with resolving powers exceeding the classical limit. J. Opt. Soc. Am. 56, 1463–1472.
- . (1967) Superresolution in microscopy and the Abbe resolution limit. J. Opt. Soc. Am. 57, 1190–1192.
- 1949) The resolving power of a coated objective. J. Opt. Soc. Am. 39, 553–557. & (
- 1949) The resolution of two particles in a bright field by coated microscope objectives. J. Opt. Soc. Am. 39, 558–566. & (
- . (1975) Simple optical theory of super-resolution. J. Opt. Soc. Am. 66, 68–70.
- 2000) Model-based resolution: applying the theory in quantitative microscopy. Appl. Opt. 39, 2948–2958. & (
- 1999) Self-referencing, non-invasive, ion selective electrode for single cell detection of trans-plasma membrane calcium flux. Microsc. Res. Techniq, 46, 398–417. , , , , (
- 1996) Motion estimation and segmentation. Machine Vision Applications, 9, 32–42. & (
- 1955) Resolving power and information. J. Opt. Soc. Am. 45, 497–501. (
- 1999) A comparison of image restoration approaches applied to three-dimensional confocal and wide-field fluorescence microscopy. J. Microsc. 193, 50–61.DOI: 10.1046/j.1365-2818.1999.00421.x , , (
- 1987) Detecting blobs as textons in natural images. Image Understanding Workshop, pp. 892–899. DARPA, Los Angeles, CA. & . (
- . (1950) The resolving power of a coated objective. J. Opt. Soc. Am. 40, 222–224.