1Hattie Jaques starred in a series of low budget British comedy films in the 1960s called the ‘Carry On’ series. One of these was ‘Carry on Matron’.
Will Modern Matrons carry on regardless?
Article first published online: 12 FEB 2003
Journal of Nursing Management
Volume 11, Issue 2, pages 67–68, March 2003
How to Cite
Watson, R. and Thompson, D. R. (2003), Will Modern Matrons carry on regardless?. Journal of Nursing Management, 11: 67–68. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2834.2003.00351.x
- Issue published online: 12 FEB 2003
- Article first published online: 12 FEB 2003
- Department of Health (1999a) Making a Difference. Department of Health, London.
- Department of Health (1999b) Nurse, Midwife and Health Visitor Consultants. Health Service Circular 1999/217. Department of Health, London.
- Department of Health (2001) Implementing the NHS Plan – Modern Matrons. Health Service Circular 2001/010. Department of Health, London.
- 2002a) Mind the gap: the extent of the NHS nursing shortage. British Medical Journal, 325, 538 – 541. , , & (
- 2002b) Mind the gap: the policy response to the NHS nursing shortage. British Medical Journal, 325, 541 – 544. , , & (
- 2000) Dumbing down medicine will be the death of us. Sunday Times, 9 April, p. 17. (
- 2001) A Preliminary Evaluation of the Establishment of Nurse, Midwife and Health Visitor Consultants. King's College London, London. , , , , , , , , & (
- 2002) US nursing shortage a “national security concern”. The Lancet, 360, 855. (
- 2001) Academic nursing – what is happening to it and where is it going? Journal of Advanced Nursing, 36, 1 – 2. & (
- 2002) Why Do We Have to Learn This, We're Only Going to Be Nurses? RCN Northern & Yorkshire & The Humber Research & Development Network – Grasping the Nettle: research activity in nursing. University of Bradford, Bradford. (
- 2000) Recent developments in UK nurse education: horses for courses or courses for horses? Journal of Advanced Nursing, 32, 1041 – 1042. & (