The N550 component of the evoked K-complex: A modality non-specific response?
Version of Record online: 5 JAN 2002
Journal of Sleep Research
Volume 8, Issue 4, pages 273–280, December 1999
How to Cite
Colrain, I. M., Webster, K. E. and Hirst, G. (1999), The N550 component of the evoked K-complex: A modality non-specific response?. Journal of Sleep Research, 8: 273–280. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2869.1999.00163.x
- Issue online: 5 JAN 2002
- Version of Record online: 5 JAN 2002
- Effect of rate of tone-pip stimulation on the evoked K-complex. J. Sleep Research, 1994, 3: 65-72. . and .
- The evoked K-complex: all or none phenomenon Sleep, 1992, 15: 236-245. . and .
- Effect of changes in stimulus frequency and intensity on habituation on the human vertex potential. J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 1968, 44: 945-950. .
- Frequency specificity of the auditory evoked response to simultaneously and successively presented stimuli. Electro- encephalogr. Clin. Neurophsyiology, 1972, 33: 277-282. .
- Evoked potential measures of information processing during natural sleep. In : R. Broughton and R. Ogilvie, R. (Eds) Sleep Arousal and Performance. Cambridge MA, Birkhäuser, 1992: 88-116. ., . and .
- Component Structure of the Evoked K-Complex. In : J. Horne. (Eds) Sleep 90. Pontenagel Press, Bochum,, 1990: 17-19. ., . and .
- Monitoring and staging human sleep. In : M. H. Kryger, T. Roth and W. C. Dement. (Eds) Principles and Practices of Sleep Medicine (2nd edn). Philadelphia, W.B. Saunder, 1994: 943-960. . and .
- Auditory evoked potentials during NREM sleep: transition states in stage 1 and stimulus relevance versus rarity in stage 2. J. Sleep Research, 1998 (Suppl. 2): 48. ., . and
- Scalp topography of the short-latency components of the respiratory-related evoked potential in children. J. Appl. Physiology, 1996, 80: 1785-1791. ., ., . and .
- Respiratory-related cortical potentials evoked by inspiratory occlusion in humans. J. Appl. Physiology, 1986, 60: 1843-1848. ., ., . and .
- Cerebral cortical evoked potentials elicited by cat intercostal muscle mechanoreceptors. J. Appl. Physiology, 1993, 74: 799-804. ., ., ., . and .
- Projection of the phrenic nerve afferents to the cat sensorimotor cortex. Brain Res, 1985; 328: 150-153. ., ., . and .
- Arousals Without Awakening - Dynamic Aspects of Sleep. Physiol. Behav, 1993; 54: 795-802. .
- ERP and behavioral changes during the wake/sleep transition. Psychophysiology, 1994, 31: 244-252. ., ., . and .
- Source Dipole Analysis of the Early Components of the. RREP, Brain Topography, 1998, 11 (2): 153-164. ., . and .
- Scalp distributions of event-related potentials: an ambiguity associated with analysis of variance models. Electroencephalogr. Clin. Neurophysiology, 1985, 62: 203-208. . and .
- The N1 wave of the human electric and magnetic response to sound: a review and an analysis of the component structure. Psychophys., 1987, 24: 375-425. . and .
- Frequency and location specificity of the human vertex N1 wave. Electroencephalogr. Clin. Neurophysiology, 1988, 69 (6): 523-531. ., ., ., ., . and .
- Endogenous components of event-related potential appearing during NREM stage 1 and REM sleep in man. Int. J. Psychophysiology, 1994, 17: 165-174. ., . and .
- Electrophysiological evidence suggesting that sensory stimuli of unknown origin induce spontaneous K-Complexes. Electro- encephalogr. Clin. Neurophysiology, 1996, 98: 394-400. ., ., . and .
- K-complex evoked in NREM sleep is accompanied by a slow negative potential related to cognitive process. Electroencephalogr. Clin. Neurophysiology, 1995, 95: 27-33. ., . and .
- Human auditory sustained potentials I. The nature of the response. Electroencephalogr. Clin. Neurophysiology, 1978, 45: 186-197. ., . and .
- A manual of standardised terminology, Techniques and Scoring Systems for Sleep Stages of Human Subjects. Washington DC, U.S. Government Printing Office, 1968. . and .
- Response properties of long-latency event-related potentials evoked during NREM sleep. J. Sleep Research, 1993, 2: 232-240. . and .
- Is the appearance of mismatch negativity during stage 2 sleep related to the elicitation of K-complex Electroencephalogr. Clin. Neurophysiology, 1994, 91: 140-148. ., . and .
- Phasic events and microstructure of sleep. Consensus Conference , Associazione Italiana di Medicina del Sonnon, Martano Editore, Lecce, 1997 ., . and .
- The Living Brain. London, Duckworth, 1953. .
- K-complexes: are they signs of arousal or sleep protective J. Sleep Research, 1995, 4: 138-143. .
- Multi-channel EEG analysis of Respiratory Evoked Potential Components during wake and NREM sleep. J. Appl. Physiology, 1998, 85 (5): 1727-1735. . and .