Quantifying the performance impairment associated with fatigue
Article first published online: 5 JAN 2002
Journal of Sleep Research
Volume 8, Issue 4, pages 255–262, December 1999
How to Cite
Lamond, N. and Dawson, D. (1999), Quantifying the performance impairment associated with fatigue. Journal of Sleep Research, 8: 255–262. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2869.1999.00167.x
- Issue published online: 5 JAN 2002
- Article first published online: 5 JAN 2002
- Effects of sleep and sustained cognitive performance during a command and control simulation. Behav. Res. Methods, Instruments Computers, 1985, 17: 55-67. . and .
- The topology of performance curves during 72 hours of sleep loss: a memory and search task. Q. J. Exp. Psychol., 1988, 324: 737-756. ., ., ., . and .
- A 3 minute reasoning task based on grammatical transformation. Psychonomic Science, 1968, 10: 341-342. .
- Effects of alcohol on pilot performance in simulated flight. Aviat. Space Environ. Med., 1991, 6(3): 223-225. ., ., . and .
- Locus of control and alcohol placebo effects on performance in a driving simulator. Perceptual Motor Skills, 1991, 72: 751-756. . and .
- Noise, paced performance, and vigilance tasks. Br. J. Psychology, 1953, 44: 295-303. .
- Fatigue, alcohol and performance impairment. Nature, 1997, 388: 235. . and .
- Effects of acute exposure to toluene and methyl ethyl ketone on psychomotor performance. Arch. Occup. Environ. Health, 1984, 54: 91-109. ., ., ., ., ., . and .
- The benefits of a nap during prolonged work and wakefulness. Work Stress, 1988, 2: 139-153. ., ., . and .
- Physiological responses of man during sleep deprivation. J. Appl. Physiology, 1968, 24 (2): 169-175. ., ., ., . and .
- Circadian performance rhythms. In : S. Folkard and T. H. Monk (Eds) Hours of Work - Temporal Factors in Work Scheduling. John Wiley, New York, 1985. . and .
- Dissecting circadian performance rhythms: Implications for shiftwork. Ergonomics, 1993, 36 (1-3): 283-288. ., ., . and .
- Relations between performance and subjective ratings of sleepiness during a night awake. Sleep, 1994, 17 (3): 236-241. ., . and .
- Alcohol and marijuana: Comparative dose effect profiles in humans. Pharmacology, Biochem. Behav., 1989, 31: 649-655. ., . and .
- High incentive effects on vigilance performance during 72 hours of total sleep deprivation. Acta Psychologica, 1985, 58 (123): 139. . and .
- Sleep deprivation and performance. In : W. B. Webb. (Eds) Biological Rhythms, Sleep and Performance. Wiley, New York, 1982. .
- The effect of one night without sleep on problem-solving and immediate recall. Psychological Research, 1992, 54 (2): 127-136. . and .
- Sleep loss and nap effects on sustained continuous performance. Psychophysiology, 1983, 20: 643-651. ., ., . and .
- Effects of sleep deprivation on cognitive ability and skills of paediatric residents. Academic Med., 1989, 64: 29-32. ., ., ., . and .
- Comprehensive study of the sleep of shiftworkers. The twenty four hour workday. Proceedings of a symposium on variations in work-sleep schedules. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 1981, 419-433. ., . and .
- Using alcohol as a standard to assess the degree of impairment induced by sedative and analgesic drugs used in ambulatory surgery. Anesthesiology, 1995, 82 (1): 53-59. ., ., . and .
- The effects of a restricted sleep regime on the composition of sleep and on performance. Psychophysiology, 1984, 21: 406-412. . and .
- Age, sleep deprivation and performance. Psychophysiology, 1982, 19 (3): 272-276. . and .
- Engineering psychology and human performance. C.E. Merill, Columbus, 1984. .
- Effects of up to 60 hours sleep deprivation on different types of work. Ergonomics, 1964, 7: 175-186. .