Morningness/eveningness and the need for sleep
Article first published online: 20 APR 2002
Journal of Sleep Research
Volume 8, Issue 4, pages 291–295, December 1999
How to Cite
Taillard, J., Philip, P. and Bioulac, B. (1999), Morningness/eveningness and the need for sleep. Journal of Sleep Research, 8: 291–295. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2869.1999.00176.x
- Issue published online: 20 APR 2002
- Article first published online: 20 APR 2002
- Horne and Ostberg morningness-eveningness questionnaire: a reduced scale. Person. Individ. Diff., 1991, 12: 241-253. . and .
- Shift-dependent well-being and individual differences. Ergonomics, 1981, 24: 265-273. . and .
- Morningness-eveningness character and daytime sleepiness of school girls. Sleep Res., 1995, 24: 178. . and .
- Cumulative effects of sleep restriction on daytime sleepiness. Psychophysiol., 1981, 18: 107-113. . and .
- Sleep and morningness-eveningness in the middle years of life (20-59 y). J. Sleep Res., 1997, 6: 230-237. ., ., . and .
- The multiple sleep latency test. individual variability and time of day effect in normal young adults. Sleep, 1990, 13: 385-394. ., ., . and .
- The effects of a short daytime nap after restricted night sleep. Sleep, 1996, 19: 570-575. ., ., . and .
- Chronic sleep reduction: daytime vigilance performance and EEG measures of sleepiness, with particular reference to ‘practice’ effects. Psychophysiol., 1985, 22: 69-78. . and .
- Comparisons of sleep-wake habits of morning and evening types in Japanese worker sample. J. Human Ergol., 1988, 17: 111-118. ., ., . and .
- A new method for measuring sleepiness: the Epworth sleepiness scale. Sleep, 1991, 14: 540-545. .
- Inter-individual differences in the human circadian system: a review. Biol. Psychol., 1985, 20: 83-112. .
- Morning-type and evening type individuals differ in the phase position of their endogenous circadian oscillator. Neurosci. Lett., 1996, 218: 153-156. . and .
- Endogenous circadian rhythms of evening and morning types. Sleep Res., 1994, 23: 501. . and .
- Twenty-four-hour structure of sleepiness in morning and evening persons investigated by ultrashort sleep wake cycle. Sleep, 1989, 12: 522-528. . and .
- The effects of regularizing sleep-wake schedules on daytime sleepiness. Sleep, 1996, 19: 432-441. ., ., . and .
- Basic Nordic Sleep Questionnaire: a quantitated measure of subjective complaints. J. Sleep Res., 1995, 4: 150-155. . and .
- Regularity of daily life in relation to personality, age, gender, sleep quality and circadian rhythms. J. Sleep Res., 1994, 3: 196-205. ., ., . and .
- Excessive daytime sleepiness associated with insufficient sleep. Sleep, 1983, 6: 319-325. ., ., ., . and .
- Alerting effects of caffeine after normal and restricted sleep. Neuropsychopharmacol., 1991, 4: 103-108. ., ., ., . and .
- Individual characteristics of subjects able to extend their sleep beyond 10 hours. Sleep Res., 1997, 26: 237. ., ., ., . and .
- Subjective sleepiness and physiological sleep tendency in healthy young morning and evening subjects. J. Sleep Res., 1994, 3: 138-143. ., ., . and .