Daytime activity and risk factors for late-life insomnia
Article first published online: 27 AUG 2003
Journal of Sleep Research
Volume 12, Issue 3, pages 231–238, September 2003
How to Cite
Morgan, K. (2003), Daytime activity and risk factors for late-life insomnia. Journal of Sleep Research, 12: 231–238. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2869.2003.00355.x
- Issue published online: 27 AUG 2003
- Article first published online: 27 AUG 2003
- Accepted in revised form 7 May 2003; received 7 January 2003
- Stability and change in levels of habitual physical activity in later life. Age Ageing, 1998, 27-S3: 17–23. and
- Demi-span as a measure of skeletal size. Ann. Hum. Biol., 1986, 13: 499–502.
- Customary physical activity and physical health outcomes in later life. Age Ageing, 1998, 27-S3: 29–34. and
- Physical activity in ageing: changes in patterns and their relationship to health and function. J. Gerontol. (A), 2001, 56: 13–22.
- Exercise and sleep. Sleep Med. Rev., 2000, 4: 387–402. and
- Aerobic fitness, acute exercise and sleep in older men. Sleep, 1993, 16: 351–359. , , , , , and
- Incidence and remission of insomnia among elderly adults: an epidemiologic study of 6,800 persons over 3 years. Sleep, 1999, 22 (suppl. 2): S366–S378. , , , and
- Sleep patterns in rural elders: demographic, health, and psychobehavioral correlates. J. Clin. Epidemiol., 1991, 44: 5–13. , , , , and
- Health Education Authority (in association with the and the Sports Council). Allied Dunbar National Fitness Survey: Main Findings. Allied Dunbar, London, 1992.
- Sleep and sleepiness following a behaviourally ‘‘active’’ day. Ergonomics, 1985, 18: 567–575. and
- Insomnia in men – a 10-year prospective population based study. Sleep, 2001, 24: 425–430. , , , and
- Insomnia in an 80-year-old population: relationship to medical, psychological and social factors. J. Sleep. Res., 1998, 7: 183–189. , , and
- Moderate-intensity exercise and self-rated quality of sleep in older adults-A randomized controlled trial. JAMA, 1997, 277: 32–37. , , and
- The Nottingham Longitudinal Study of Activity and Ageing (NLSAA): a methodological overview. Age Ageing, 1998, 5–11.
- Longitudinal trends in late-life insomnia: implications for prescribing. Age Ageing, 1997a, 26: 179–184. and
- Customary physical activity and survival in later life: a study in Nottingham UK. J. Epidemiol. Community Health, 1997b,51: 490–493. and
- Customary physical activity, psychological wellbeing, and successful ageing. Ageing Soc., 1991, 11: 399–415. , , , , and
- Sleep disturbance, psychosocial correlates, and cardiovascular disease in 5201 older adults: the cardiovascular health study. J. Am. Geriatr. Soc., 1997, 45: 1–7. , , , and
- Epidemiologic-study on insomnia in the general-population. Sleep, 1996, 19: S7–S15.
- How age and daytime activities are related to insomnia in the general population: consequences for older people. J. Am. Geriatr. Soc., 2001, 49: 1–7. , , , and
- Prevalence and correlates of exercise among older adults. J. Appl. Gerontol., 1999, 18: 341–357. and
- Association of physical activity and human sleep disorders. Arch. Int. Med., 1998, 158: 1894–1898. , and