This work has been the result of a collaboration between the Universitat Autónoma de Barcelona and the company GEN-ES S.L. and is devoted to the development of molecular markers and DNA-based diagnosis tests useful for the genetical improvement of the ostrich. Natalia Bello is currently working on her PhD thesis concerning the molecular genetics of the ostrich. Armand Sánchez is Professor of Animal Genetics and has been in charge of the Molecular Genetics Laboratory in the Veterinary Faculty since it's foundation in 1987. His principal field of activity is the characterization of relevant genes and molecular markers in domestic animals.
The identification of a sex-specific DNA marker in the ostrich using a random amplified polymorphic DNA (RAPD) assay
Article first published online: 15 DEC 2003
1999 Blackwell Science Ltd
Volume 8, Issue 4, pages 667–669, April 1999
How to Cite
Bello, N. and Sánchez, A. (1999), The identification of a sex-specific DNA marker in the ostrich using a random amplified polymorphic DNA (RAPD) assay. Molecular Ecology, 8: 667–669. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-294x.1999.00549.x
- Issue published online: 15 DEC 2003
- Article first published online: 15 DEC 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!