Qualitative aspects of sperm stock in males and females from Eupelmus orientalis and Dinarmus basalis (Hymenoptera: Chalcidoidea) as revealed by dual fluorescence
Version of Record online: 28 MAY 2002
Volume 27, Issue 2, pages 97–102, June 2002
How to Cite
Damiens, D., Bressac, C., Brillard, J.-P. and Chevrier, C. (2002), Qualitative aspects of sperm stock in males and females from Eupelmus orientalis and Dinarmus basalis (Hymenoptera: Chalcidoidea) as revealed by dual fluorescence. Physiological Entomology, 27: 97–102. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-3032.2002.00274.x
- Issue online: 28 MAY 2002
- Version of Record online: 28 MAY 2002
- 1998 Offspring and sex ratio are independent of sperm management in Eupelmus orientalis females. Journal of Insect Physiology, 44, 351–359. &
- 1990 Features of basic reproduction in drones and queens of the Cape honeybee Apis mellifera capensis. Bees and Beekeeping in Southern Africa (ed. by R. H.Anderson and B. Buys), pp. 106–109. Cape Town.
- 1998 Comparison of assessment of fowl sperm viability by Eosine-Nigrosin and dual fluorescent (SYBR-14/IP). Theriogenology, 50, 487–493. &
- 1999 In vitro comparison of fowl sperm viability in ejaculates frozen by three different techniques and relationship with subsequent fertility in vivo. Cryobiology, 39, 185–191. , , &
- 1997 Reproductive strategies in two ectoparasitoid females: Eupelmus orientalis and Dinarmus basalis. Boletin de la Associacion Española de Entomologia, 21, 117–118. &
- 2002 Sperm storage and use after multiple mating in Dinarmus basalis (Hymenoptera: Pteromalidae). Journal of Insect Behavior, 15, in press. &
- 2000 Relationship between semen quality and performance of instrumentally inseminated honey bee queens. Apidologie, 31, 421–429.
- 1999 Viability assessment of honey bee, Apis mellifera, sperm using dual fluorescent staining. Theriogenology, 51, 1513–1523. &
- 1974 Cell-cycle analysis in 20 minutes. Science, 184, 1297–1298. &
- 2001 Egg-laying, pre-imaginal growth dynamics and mortality in Eupelmus orientalis and Dinarmus basalis, two solitary ectoparasitoid of Callosobruchus maculatus. Entomologia Experimentalis et Applicata, 99, 97–105. , , , &
- 1995 Viability assessment of turkey sperm using fluorescent staining and flow cytometry. Poultry Science, 74, 1191–1200. , , &
- 1994 Reproductive potential in the parasitoid Eupelmus orientalis (Hymenoptera: Eupelmidae). Bulletin of Entomological Research, 84, 199–206. &
- 1995 Viability assessment of mammalian sperm using SYBR-14 and Propidium Iodide. Biology of Reproduction, 53, 276–284. &
- 1994 Dual DNA staining assessment of bovine sperm viability using SYBR-14 and Propidium Iodide. Journal of Andrology, 15, 620–629. , , , &
- 1986 Assessment of spermatozoal function using dual fluorescent staining and flow cytometric analyses. Biology of Reproduction, 34, 127–138. , , &
- 1996 Superparasitism and host discrimination in the solitary ectoparasitoid Dinarmus basalis. Entomologia Experimentalis et Applicata, 79, 91–99. , &
- 1994 Parasitoids, Behavioral and Evolutionary Ecology. Princeton University Press, Princeton, New Jersey.
- 1990 A supravital staining technique for honey bee spermatozoa. Physiological Entomology, 15, 187–192. , &
- 1999 Wise, winsome, or weird? Mechanisms of sperm storage in female animals. Current Topics in Developmental Biology, 41, 67–97. &
- 1990 Differential staining for live and non viable sperm of honey bees. Physiological Entomology, 15, 211–217. , , , &
- 1984 Sperm Competition and the Evolution of Animal Mating Systems. Academic Press, New York.
- 1980 A rapid single step staining technique for DNA analysis by flow microfluometry. Journal of Histochemistry and Cytochemistry, 28, 1021–1024.
- 1983 The Evolution of Insect Mating Systems. Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA. &
- 1991 ‘Longevity’ of sperm within the female of the melon fly, Dacus cucurbitae (Diptera: Tephriditidae) and its revelance to sperm competition. Journal of Insect Behavior, 4, 243–250. &
- 1984 Sperm competition and the evolution of odonate mating systems. Sperm Competition and the Evolution of Mating Systems (ed. by R. L.Smith), pp. 251–290. Academic Press, New York.
- 1998 Distinguishing between living and nonliving bacteria: Evaluation of the vital stain propidium iodide and its combined use with molecular probes in aquatic samples. Journal of Microbiological Methods, 32, 225–236. , , , , , ,
- 1992 Sperm competition in the melon fly, Bactrocera cucurbitae (Diptera: Tephriditidae): Effects of sperm ‘Longevity’ on sperm precedence. Journal of Insect Behavior, 5, 599–608. , &