ICK1, a cyclin-dependent protein kinase inhibitor fromArabidopsis thalianainteracts with both Cdc2a and CycD3, and its expression is induced by abscisic acid
Version of Record online: 9 OCT 2008
The Plant Journal
Volume 15, Issue 4, pages 501–510, August 1998
How to Cite
Wang, H., Qi, Q., Schorr, P., Cutler, Adrian J., Crosby, W. L. and Fowke, L. C. (1998), ICK1, a cyclin-dependent protein kinase inhibitor fromArabidopsis thalianainteracts with both Cdc2a and CycD3, and its expression is induced by abscisic acid. The Plant Journal, 15: 501–510. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-313X.1998.00231.x
- Issue online: 9 OCT 2008
- Version of Record online: 9 OCT 2008
- Received 19 December 1997; revised 3 June 1998; accepted 12 June 1998.
- 1996 SKP1 connects cell cycle regulators to the ubiquitin proteolysis machinery through a novel motif, the F-box. Cell, 86, 263 274. , , , , , ,
- 1991 Growth regulators: an account of hormones and growth regulation. In: Growth and Development. Plant Physiology, a Treatise, Vol. 10. San Diego: Academic Press, pp. 277 340. &
- 1992 Protein interaction cloning in yeast: identification of mammalian proteins that react with the leucine zipper of Jun. Proceedings Natl Acad. Sci. USA, 89, 5789 5793. &
- 1997 The Arabidopsis Cks1At protein binds the cyclin-dependent kinases Cdc2aAt and Cdc2bAt. Febs Lett., 412, 446 452. , , , , ,
- 1996 Control of root growth and development by cyclin expression. Nature, 380, 520 523. , , , ,
- 1984 Functions of hormones at the cellular level of organization. In: Hormonal Regulation of Development II. Encyclopedia of Plant Physiology, New Series, Vol. 10 (Scott, T.K., ed.). Berlin: Springer-Verlag, pp. 22 79.
- 1994 Developmental expression of the Arabidopsis cyclin gene Cyc1at. Plant Cell, 6, 1763 1774. , , , , ,
- 1991 The Arabidopsis functional homolog of the p34cdc2 protein kinase. Plant Cell, 3, 531 540. , , , ,
- 1989 A novel genetic system to detect protein–protein interactions. Nature, 340, 245 246. &
- 1994 Cdk-interacting protein 1 directly binds with proliferating cell nuclear antigen and inhibits DNA replication catalyzed by the DNA polymerase δ holoenzyme. Proceedings Natl Acad. Sci. USA, 91, 8655 8659. , , , , , , ,
- 1995 The plant cell cycle. Physiol. Plant., 93, 365 374. &
- 1991 Levels of p34cdc2-like protein in dividing, differentiating and dedifferentiating cells of carrot. Planta, 185, 304 310. , ,
- 1995 Endoreduplication in maize endosperm: involvement of M phase-promoting factor inhibition and induction of S phase-related kinases. Science, 269, 1262 1264. &
- 1996 Cdk inhibitors in development and cancer. Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev., 6, 56 64. &
- 1995 Dominant negative mutants of the Cdc2 kinase uncouple cell division from iterative plant development. Embo J., 14, 3925 3936. , , , , , ,
- 1993 cdc2a expression in Arabidopsis thaliana is linked with competence for cell division. Plant Cell, 5, 1711 1723(1993). , , , , ,
- 1984 Sequence of the cell division gene CDC2 from Schizosaccharomyces pombe: patterns of splicing and homology to protein kinases. Gene, 31, 129 134. &
- 1991 Identification of two cell- cycle-controlling cdc2 gene homologs in Arabidopsis thaliana. Gene, 105, 159 165. , , , ,
- 1995 Cell cycle control. Annu. Rev. Plant Physiol. Plant Mol. Biol., 46, 317 339.
- 1993 p34cdc2 related proteins in control of cell cycle progression, the switch between division and differentiation in tissue development, and stimulation of division by auxin and cytokinin. Aust. J. Plant Physiol., 20, 503 526. , , , ,
- 1997 The yeast two-hybrid system. In: Differentially Expressed Genes in Plants: a Bench Manual ( Hansen, E. & Harper, G., eds.), London: Taylor & Francis, pp. 63 82. , ,
- 1995 Cyclin dependent kinase regulation. Curr. Opin. Cell Biol., 7, 773 780.
- 1994 A simple and efficient method for DNA extraction from grapevine cultivars and Vitis species. Plant Mol. Biol. Report, 12, 6 13. , ,
- 1984 Primary structure homology between the product of yeast cell division control gene CDC28 and vertebrate oncogenes. Nature, 307, 183 185. &
- 1992 Spatial pattern of cdc2 expression in relation to meristem activity and cell proliferation during plant development. Proceedings Natl Acad. Sci. USA, 89, 7360 7364. , , , ,
- 1997 Genetic control of cell division patterns in developing plants. Cell, 88, 299 308.
- 1993 Two functional soybean genes encoding p34cdc2 protein kinases are regulated by different plant developmental pathways. Proceedings Natl Acad. Sci. USA, 90, 943 947. , ,
- 1994 Characterization of two cDNAs that encode MAP kinase homologues in Arabidopsis thaliana and analysis of the possible role of auxin in activating such kinase activities in cultured cells. Plant J., 5, 111 122. , , , , , , ,
- 1993 Cell cycle. Dams and sluices. Nature, 366, 634 635. &
- 1977 Abscisic acid effects on fronds and roots of Lemna minor L. Am. J. Bot., 64, 45 49.
- 1995 Cyclins and cyclin-dependent kinases: a biochemical view. Biochem. J., 308, 697 711.
- 1996 Plant cyclins: a unified nomenclature for plant A-, B- and D-type cyclins based on sequence organization. Plant Mol. Biol., 32, 1003 1018. , , et al.
- 1994 Yeast vectors and assays for expression of cloned genes. In: Current Protocols in Molecular Biology ( Ausubel, F.M , eds.), New York: Wiley & Sons, pp. 13.6.1 13. 6.4. &
- 1990 Developmental responses to drought and abscisic acid in sunflower roots. 2. Mitotic activity. J. Exp. Bot., 41, 339 350. , , ,
- 1996 Crystal structure of the p27Kip1 cyclin-dependent-kinase inhibitor bound to the cyclin A-Cdk2 complex. Nature, 382, 325 331. , , , ,
- 1995 Gibberellin promotes histone H1 kinase activity and the expression of cdc2 and cyclin genes during the induction of rapid growth in deepwater rice internodes. Plant J., 7, 623 632. , ,
- 1996 The Arabidopsis cyclin-dependent kinase gene cdc2bAt is preferentially expressed during S and G2 phases of the cell cycle. Plant J., 10, 601 612. , , , , , ,
- 1995 Inhibitors of mammalian G1 cyclin-dependent kinases. Genes Dev., 9, 1149 1163. &
- 1995 A family of cyclin D homologs from plants differentially controlled by growth regulators and containing the conserved retinoblastoma protein interaction motif. Plant Cell, 7, 85 103. , , ,
- 1972 Effects of abscisic acid on nucleic acid synthesis and the induction of nitrate reductase in Lemna polyrhiza. J. Exp. Bot., 23, 875 885. &
- 1994 The p21 inhibitor of cyclin- dependent kinases controls DNA replication by interaction with PCNA. Nature, 369, 574 578. , , ,
- 1995 Promoters from kin1 and cor6.6, two homologous Arabidopsis thaliana genes: transcriptional regulation and gene expression induced by low temperature, ABA, osmoticum and dehydration. Plant Mol. Biol., 28, 605 617. , , , ,
- 1997 A plant cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor gene. Nature, 386, 451 452. , ,