Present address: Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Institute for Molecular Biology Sciences, Biocentrum Amsterdam, Vrije Universiteit, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Iron homeostasis alteration in transgenic tobacco overexpressing ferritin
Article first published online: 5 JAN 2002
The Plant Journal
Volume 17, Issue 1, pages 93–97, January 1999
How to Cite
Van Wuytswinkel, O., Vansuyt, G., Grignon, N., Fourcroy, P. and Briat, J.-F. (1999), Iron homeostasis alteration in transgenic tobacco overexpressing ferritin. The Plant Journal, 17: 93–97. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-313X.1999.00349.x
- Issue published online: 5 JAN 2002
- Article first published online: 5 JAN 2002
- Received 10 August 1998; revised 26 October 1998; accepted 28 October 1998.
- 1995 Mutation in the iron responsive element of the L ferritin mRNA in a family with dominant hyperferritinaemia and cataract. Nature Genet., 11, 444 446. , , , , , , ,
- 1983 Phytoferritin and its role in iron metabolism. In Uptake and Utilization of Metals by Plants ( Robb, D.A. & Pierpont, W.S., eds.) New York: Academic Press, pp. 111 123. &
- 1996. Roles of ferritin in plants. J. Plant Nutr., 19, 1331 1342.
- 1995 Cellular and molecular aspects of iron metabolism in plants. Biol. Cell, 84, 69 81. , , , , , , , ,
- 1997 Iron transport and storage in plants. Trends Plant Sci., 2, 187 193. &
- 1991. Effect of aluminium on lipid peroxidation, superoxide dismutase, catalase, and peroxidase activities in root tips of soybean (Glycine max). Physiol. Plant., 83, 463 468. &
- 1994 Herbicide action and effects on detoxification processes. In Causes of Photooxidative Stress and Amelioration of Defense Systems in Plants ( Foyer, C.H. & Mullineaux, P.M., eds.). Boca Raton: CRS, pp. 219 236.
- 1995 Structure and differential expression in response to iron and abscisic acid of two maize ferritin genes. Eur. J. Biochem., 231, 609 619. Direct Link:, , , ,
- 1998 Iron accumulation in tobacco plants expressing soyabean ferritin gene. Transgenic Res., 7, 173 180. , ,
- 1994 Iron: nutritious, noxious, and not readily available. Plant Physiol., 104, 815 820. &
- 1996 The ferritins: molecular properties, iron storage function and cellular regulation. Bioch. Biophys. Acta, 1275, 161 203. &
- 1992 Enzymology of ferric chelate reduction at the root plasma membrane. J. Plant Nutr., 15, 1667 1678. , , ,
- 1985 A simple and general method for transferring genes into plants. Science, 227, 1229 1231. , , , ,
- 1989 Mechanism of the transition from plant ferritin to phytosiderin. J. Biol. Chem., 264, 3629 3635. , ,
- 1991 Ferritin gene transcription is regulated by iron in soybean cell cultures. Proceedings Natl Acad. Sci. USA, 88, 8222 8226. , , , , ,
- 1991 Ferritin accumulation and degradation in different organs of pea (Pisum sativum) during development. Biochem. J., 274, 601 606. &
- 1995 Purification and characterization of recombinant pea seed ferritins expressed in Escherichia coli: influence of amino terminus deletions on protein solubility and in vitro core formation. Biochem. J., 305, 253 261. , ,
- 1996 Genetic evidence that induction of root Fe (III) chelate reductase activity is necessary for iron uptake under iron deficiency. Plant J., 10, 835 844. &
- 1994 The protective effect of desferrioxamine on paraquat-treated pea (Pisum sativum). Physiol. Plant., 92, 437 442. , ,