A role for glutathione transferases functioning as glutathione peroxidases in resistance to multiple herbicides in black-grass
Version of Record online: 5 JAN 2002
The Plant Journal
Volume 18, Issue 3, pages 285–292, May 1999
How to Cite
Cummins, I., Cole, D. J. and Edwards, R. (1999), A role for glutathione transferases functioning as glutathione peroxidases in resistance to multiple herbicides in black-grass. The Plant Journal, 18: 285–292. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-313X.1999.00452.x
- Issue online: 5 JAN 2002
- Version of Record online: 5 JAN 2002
- Received 7 December 1998;revised 15 March 1999;accepted 16 March 1999.
- 1998 Herbicide resistance caused by spontaneous mutation of the cytoskeletal protein tubulin. Nature, 393, 260 263. , , , ,
- 1994 Detoxication of base propenals and other α,β-unsaturated aldehyde products of radical reactions and lipid peroxidation by human glutathione transferases. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA, 91, 1480 1484. , , , ,
- 1994 Detoxification and activation of agrochemicals in plants. Pesticide Sci., 42, 209 222.
- 1997a Purification of multiple glutathione transferases involved in herbicide detoxification from wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) treated with the safener fenchlorazole-ethyl. Pesticide Biochem. Physiol., 59, 35 49. , ,
- 1997b Glutathione transferases in herbicide-resistant and herbicide-susceptible black-grass (Alopecurus myosuroides). Pesticide Sci., 51, 244 250. , , ,
- 1998a Purification, regulation and cloning of a glutathione transferase (GST) from maize resembling the auxin-inducible type-III GSTs. Plant. Mol. Biol., 36, 75 87. , ,
- 1998b Glutathione-mediated detoxification systems in plants. Curr. Opin. Plant Biol., 1, 258 266. , , ,
- 1997 Plant glutathione peroxidases. Physiol. Plant., 100, 234 240. , , ,
- 1998 H2O2 generation and the influence of antioxidants during the 2,3,5-triodobenzoic acid-mediated induction of glutathione S-transferase in soybean. Phytochemistry, 49, 37 41. , ,
- 1997 Mechanisms of resistance to aryloxyphenoxypropionate herbicides in two resistant biotypes of Alopecurus myosuroides (black-grass): herbicide metabolism as a cross-resistance mechanism. Pesticide Biochem. Physiol., 57, 87 98. , ,
- 1990. The Biochemistry and Uses of Pesticides. Weinheim: VCH.
- 1996 Herbicide safeners – tools for improving the efficacy and selectivity of herbicides. J. Environ. Sci. Health, 31B, 545 553. &
- 1993 Mechanisms and agronomic aspects of herbicide resistance. Annu. Rev. Plant Physiol. Plant Mol. Biol., 44, 203 229. , ,
- 1996 Chlorotoluron metabolism in leaves of resistant and susceptible biotypes of the grass weed Alopecurus myosuroides. Pesticide Sci., 47, 185 190. , ,
- 1998 Oxidative damage in pea plants exposed to water deficit or paraquat. Plant Physiol., 116, 173 181. , , ,
- 1996 Alterations in the antioxidative system of suspension-cultured soybean cells (Glycine max) induced by oxidative stress. Physiol. Plant., 97, 388 396. , ,
- 1996 The functions and regulation of glutathione S-transferases in plants. Annu. Rev. Plant Physiol. Plant Mol. Biol., 47, 127 158.
- 1993 Differential induction of distinct glutathione S-transferases of wheat by xenobiotics and by pathogen attack. Plant Physiol., 102, 1193 1201. &
- 1997 Overexpression of glutathione S-transferase/ glutathione peroxidase enhances the growth of transgenic tobacco seedlings during stress. Nature Biotech., 15, 988 991. , , ,
- 1996 Plant cytochrome P450 monooxygenases. Crit. Rev. Plant Sci., 15, 235 284.
- 1993 Glutathione conjugation: a detoxification pathway for fenoxaprop-ethyl in barley, crab-grass, oat and wheat. Pesticide Biochem. Physiol., 46, 190 199. , , , ,
- 1998 Characterization of a glutathione S-transferase gene AtGST 1 in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Report, 17, 700 704. , , , , ,