Present address: National Institute for Environmental Studies Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-0053, Japan.
The expression of tobacco knotted1-type class 1 homeobox genes correspond to regions predicted by the cytohistological zonation model
Article first published online: 5 JAN 2002
The Plant Journal
Volume 18, Issue 4, pages 337–347X, May 1999
How to Cite
Nishimura, A., Tamaoki, M., Sato, Y. and Matsuoka, M. (1999), The expression of tobacco knotted1-type class 1 homeobox genes correspond to regions predicted by the cytohistological zonation model. The Plant Journal, 18: 337–347X. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-313X.1999.00457.x
- Issue published online: 5 JAN 2002
- Article first published online: 5 JAN 2002
- Received 14 December 1998; revised 19 March 1999; accepted 22 March 1999.
- 1992 Zmhox1a, the product of a novel maize homeobox gene, interacts with the Shrunken 26 bp feedback control element. EMBO J., 11, 3367 3374. &
- 1995 A novel homeobox protein which recognizes a TGT core and functionally interferes with a retinoid-responsive motif. J. Biol. Chem., 270, 31178 31188. , , ,
- 1997 Analysis of TALE superclass homeobox genes (MEIS, PBC, KNOX, IROQUOIS, TGIF) reveals a novel domain conserved between plants and anomals. Nucl. Acids Res., 25, 4173 4180.
- 1977Anatomy of Seed Plants, 2nd edn. New York: John Wiley and Sons.
- 1993 The patterns of gene expression in the tomato shoot apical meristem. Plant Cell, 5, 297 309. , , ,
- 1987 Homeoboxes in the study of development. Science, 236, 1245 1252.
- 1994 Homeodomain proteins. Annu. Rev. Biochem., 63, 487 526. , ,
- 1995 Homeobox genes in the functioning of plant meristem. Phil. Trans. R. Soc. Lond. [B], 350, 45 51. , , , , ,
- 1996 The marking of a compound leaf: genetic manipulation of leaf architecture in tomato. Cell, 84, 735 744. , , , ,
- 1988 The molecular genetics of embryonic pattern formation in Drosophila. Nature, 335, 25 34.
- 1994 Expression of maize KNOTTED-1 related homeobox genes in the shoot apical meristem predicts patterns of morphogenesis in the vegetative shoot. Development, 120, 405 413. , ,
- 1994 Sequence analysis and expression patterns divide the maize knotted1-like homeobox genes into two classes. Plant Cell, 6, 1877 1887. , , , , ,
- 1994 Plant homeodomain protein involved in transcriptional regulation of a pathogen defense-related gene. Plant Cell, 6, 695 708. , , , ,
- 1993 Understanding the homeodomain. J. Biol. Chem., 268, 26813 26816.
- 1993 Isolation and charaterization of novel nodulin cDNAs representing genes expressed at early stages of soybean nodule development. Mol. Gen. Genet., 238, 106 119. &
- 1994 knotted1-like homeobox gene in Arabidopsis is expressed in the vegetative meristem and dramatically alters leaf morphology when overexpressed in transgenic plants. Plant Cell, 6, 1859 1876. , , , ,
- 1996 A member of the KNOTTED class of homeodomain proteins encoded by the STM gene of Arabidopsis. Nature, 379, 66 69. , , ,
- 1996 Identification of a meristem L1 layer-specific gene in Arabidopsis that is expressed during embryonic pattern formation and defines a new class of homeobox genes. Plant Cell, 8, 2155 2168. , , ,
- 1990 Plant Development: The Cellular Basis. Winchester, Massachusetts: Unwin Hyman Inc.
- 1994 Identification of a homeobox-containing gene with enhanced expression during soybean (Glycine max L.) somatic embryo development. Plant Mol. Biol., 24, 465 473. , ,
- 1991 Expression of photosynthetic genes from the C4 plant, maize, in tobacco. Mol. Gen. Genet., 225, 411 419. &
- 1992 Homeobox genes and axial patterning. Cell, 68, 283 302. &
- 1995 The homeobox gene ATH1 of Arabidopsis is derepressed in the photomorphogenetic mutants cop1 and. Det1. Plant Cell, 7, 117 129. , , , ,
- 1995 The BELL1 gene encodes a homeodomain protein involved in pattern formation in the Arabidopsis ovule primordium. Cell, 83, 735 742. , , , , , ,
- 1994 The GLABRA gene encodes a homeodomain protein required for normal trichome development in Arabidopsis. Genes Devel., 8, 1388 1399. , ,
- 1991 A novel class of plant proteins containing a homeodomain with a closely linked leucine zipper motif. EMBO J., 10, 1787 1791. , , ,
- 1992 HD-Zip proteins: members of an Arabidopsis homeodomain protein superfamily. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA, 89, 3894 3898. &
- 1993 HAT3.1, a novel Arabidopsis homeodomain protein containing a conserved cysteine-rich region. Plant J., 4, 137 150. , ,
- 1924 Histologische Studien an phenerogamen Vegetationspunkten. Bot. Arch., 8, 345 404.
- 1993 Overexpression of the maize homeobox gene, KNOTTED-1, causes a switch from determinate to indeterminate cell fates. Genes Devel., 7, 787 795. , ,
- 1989Patterns in Plant Development, 2nd edn. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. &
- 1997a Ectopic expression of a tobacco homeobox gene, NTH15, dramatically alters leaf morphology and hormone levels in transgenic tobacco. Plant Cell Physiol., 38, 917 927. , , ,
- 1997b Dorsoventral pattern formation of tobacco leaf involves spatial expression of a tobacco homeobox gene, NTH15. Genes Genet. Systems, 72, 1 8. , ,
- 1991 The developmental gene Knotted-1 is a member of a maize homeobox gene family. Nature, 350, 241 243. , , ,
- 1997 Knotted1-like homeobox genes are expressed during apple tree (Malus domestica[L.] Borkh) growth and development. Plant Mol. Biol., 33, 757 763. , , ,