Present address: Département d’Ecophysiologie Végétale et de Microbiologie (DEVM), Bat 156, CEN Cadarache, F-13108 St Paul lez Durance Cedex 01, France.
Arabidopsis thaliana proteins related to the yeast SIP and SNF4 interact with AKINα1, an SNF1-like protein kinase
Article first published online: 5 JAN 2002
The Plant Journal
Volume 18, Issue 5, pages 541–550, June 1999
How to Cite
Bouly, J.-P., Gissot, L., Lessard, P., Kreis, M. and Thomas, M. (1999), Arabidopsis thaliana proteins related to the yeast SIP and SNF4 interact with AKINα1, an SNF1-like protein kinase. The Plant Journal, 18: 541–550. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-313X.1999.00476.x
- Issue published online: 5 JAN 2002
- Article first published online: 5 JAN 2002
- Received 25 January 1999; revised 16 April 1999; accepted 21 April 1999.
- 1995 cDNA Clone Encoding Yeast SNF4-Like Protein from Phaseolus vulgaris. Plant Physiol., 110, 336. , ,
- 1994 Characterization and chromosomal localization of the human homologue of a rat AMP-activated protein kinase-encoding gene: a major regulator of lipid metabolism in mammals. Gene, 149, 345 350. , , ,
- 1991 Complementation of snf1, a mutation affecting global regulation of carbon metabolism in yeast, by a plant protein kinase cDNA. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA, 88, 8602 8605. , , , , , , ,
- 1990 Basic local alignment search tool. J. Mol. Biol., 215, 403 410. , , , ,
- 1989 The gene family encoding the Arabidopsis thaliana translation elongation factor EF-1 alpha: molecular cloning, characterization and expression. Mol. Gen. Genet., 219, 106 112. , , , , ,
- 1995 Immunological evidence that HMG-CoA reductase kinase-A is the cauliflower homologue of the RKIN1 subfamily of plant protein kinases. FEBS Lett., 377, 189 192. , , ,
- 1996 Evidence that barley 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A reductase kinase is a member of the sucrose non fermenting-1-related protein kinase family. Plant Physiol., 112, 1141 1149. , , , , ,
- 1997 The structure of a domain common to archaebacteria and the homocystinuria disease protein. Trends Biochem. Sci., 22, 12 13.
- 1994 Arabidopsis homologs of the shaggy and GSK-3 protein kinases: molecular cloning and functional expression in Escherichia coli. Mol. Gen. Genet., 242, 337 345. , , , ,
- 1994 Mammalian AMP-activated protein kinase is homologous to yeast and plant protein kinases involved in the regulation of carbon metabolism. J. Biol. Chem., 269, 11442 11448. , , , , , , , ,
- 1986 A yeast gene that is essential for release from glucose repression encodes a protein kinase. Science, 233, 1175 1180. &
- 1989 Mutational analysis of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae SNF1 protein kinase and evidence for functional interaction with the SNF4 protein. Mol. Cell Biol., 9, 5034 5044. &
- 1994 Role of the AMP-activated protein kinase in the cellular stress response. Curr. Biol., 4, 315 324. , ,
- 1983 A plant DNA minipreparation: ‘Version II’. Plant Mol. Biol. Reporter, 1, 19 21. , ,
- 1997 Three spinach leaf nitrate reductase-3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA reductase kinases that are required by reversible phosphorylation and/or Ca2+ ions. Biochem. J., 325, 101 109. , , , ,
- 1996 Regulation of 5-′AMP-activated protein kinase activity by the non catalytic beta and gamma subunits. J. Biol. Chem., 271, 17798 17803. , , , , , ,
- 1989 A novel genetic system to detect protein–protein interactions. Nature, 340, 245 246. &
- 1995 Alternative mechanisms of CAK assembly require an assembly factor or an activating kinase. Cell, 6, 47 57. , , ,
- 1992 Carbon catabolite repression in yeast. Eur. J. Biochem., 206, 297 313.
- 1996 Non-catalytic beta- and gamma-subunit isoforms of the 5′-AMP-activated protein kinase. J. Biol. Chem., 271, 8675 8681. , , , , , , ,
- 1995 Catalytic subunits of the porcine and rat 5′-AMP-activated protein kinases are members of the SNF1 protein kinase family. Biochem. Biophys. Acta, 1266, 73 82. , , , , , ,
- 1998 SNF1-related protein kinases: global regulators of carbon metabolism in plants. Plant Mol. Biol., 37, 735 748. &
- 1992 Molecular analysis of a barley multigene family homologous to the yeast protein kinase gene SNF1. Plant J., 2, 791 797. , , , , ,
- 1995 Differential expression of two barley SNF1-related protein kinase genes. Plant Mol. Biol., 27, 1235 1240. , , , ,
- 1992 Regulation of fatty acid and cholesterol metabolism by the AMP-activated protein kinase. Biochim. Biophys. Acta, 1123, 231 238.
- 1994 An emerging role for protein kinases: The response to nutritional and environmental stress. Cell Signal, 6, 813 821.
- 1998 The AMP-activated/SNF1 protein kinase subfamily: metabolic sensors of the eukaryotic cell? Annu. Rev. Biochem., 67, 821 855. , ,
- 1990 Activation of sucrose-phosphate synthase from darkened spinach leaves by an endogenous protein phosphatase. Arch. Biochem. Biophys., 282, 421 426. &
- 1996 Glucose regulates protein interactions within the yeast SNF1 protein kinase complex. Genes Dev., 10, 3105 3115. &
- 1997 The Snf1 protein kinase and its activating subunit, Snf4, interact with distinct domains of the Sip1/Sip2/Gal83 component in the kinase complex. Mol. Cell. Biol., 17, 2099 2106. &
- 1992 Structure and expression of a gene from Arabidopsis thaliana encoding a protein related to SNF1 protein kinase. Gene, 120, 249 254. , , , ,
- 1997 Extraction of RNA, Cloning and substractive Hybridization. Plant Molecular Biology, a Laboratory Manual (Clarke, M.S., ed.). Berlin. Springer Verlag, pp. 154 201. , ,
- 1992 Regulation of spinach-leaf nitrate reductase by reversible phosphorylation. Biochim. Biophys. Acta., 1137, 121 126.
- 1997 Potato SNF1-related protein kinase: molecular cloning, expression analysis and peptide kinase activity measurements. Plant. Mol. Biol., 34, 31 43. , , ,
- 1994 Mammalian AMP-activated protein kinase shares structural and functional homology with the catalytic domain of yeast Snf1 protein kinase. J. Biol. Chem., 269, 2361 2364. , , , , , , ,
- 1994 Characterization of tobacco protein kinase NPK5, a homolog of Saccharomyces cerevisiae SNF1 that constitutively activates expression of the glucose-repressible SUC2 gene for a secreted invertase of S. cerevisiae. Mol. Cell. Biol., 14, 2958 2965. , ,
- 1994 Genes galore: a summary of methods for accessing results from large-scale partial sequencing of anonymous Arabidopsis cDNA clones. Plant Physiol., 106, 1241 1255. , , et al.
- 1998 Antisens expression of sucrose non-fermenting-1-related protein kinase sequence in potato results in decreased expression of sucrose synthase transcripts in leaves. Plant J., 14, 195 202. , ,
- 1989Molecular Cloning – a Laboratory Manual. Cold Spring Harbor. Cold Spring Harbor Press. , ,
- 1987 Isolation and expression analysis of two yeast regulatory genes involved in the derepression of glucose-repressible enzymes. Mol. Gen. Genet., 209, 366 373. &
- 1988 Molecular characterization of yeast regulatory gene CAT3 necessary for glucose derepression and nuclear localization of its product. Gene, 67, 247 257. &
- 1992 Control of peroxisome proliferation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae by ADR1, SNF1 (CAT1, CCR1) and SNF4 (CAT3). Yeast, 8, 303 309. , , , ,
- 1994 Mammalian 5′-AMP-activated protein kinase non-catalytic subunits are homologs of proteins that interact with yeast Snf1 protein kinase. J. Biol. Chem., 269, 29343 29346. , , , , , , , ,
- 1991 Deletion of SNF1 affects the nutrient response of yeast and resembles mutations which activate the adenylate cyclase pathway. Genetics, 129, 697 706. , , ,
- 1998 Identification of a novel AMP-activated protein kinase beta subunit isoform that is highly expressed in skeletal muscle. Biol. Chem., 273, 12443 12450. , ,
- 1996a Characterization of AMP-activated protein kinase beta and gamma subunits – Assembly of the heterotrimeric complex in vitro. J. Biol. Chem., 271, 10282 10290. , , , , , ,
- 1994 Yeast SNF1 is functionally related to mammalian AMP-activated protein kinase and regulates acetyl-CoA carboxylase in vivo. J. Biol. Chem., 269, 19509 19515. , , , , ,
- 1996b The alpha 1 et alpha 2 isoforms of the AMP-activated protein kinase have similar activities in rat liver but exhibit differences in substrate specificity in vitro. FEBS Lett., 397, 347 351. , , , ,
- 1992 A protein kinase substrate identified by the two-hybrid system. Science, 257, 680 682. , ,
- 1994 A family of proteins containing a conserved domain that mediates interaction with the yeast SNF1 protein kinase complex. EMBO J., 13, 5878 5886. , ,