These authors contributed equally to this work.
A role for salicylic acid and NPR1 in regulating cell growth in Arabidopsis
Article first published online: 23 DEC 2001
The Plant Journal
Volume 28, Issue 2, pages 209–216, October 2001
How to Cite
Vanacker, H., Lu, H., Rate, D. N. and Greenberg, J. T. (2001), A role for salicylic acid and NPR1 in regulating cell growth in Arabidopsis. The Plant Journal, 28: 209–216. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-313X.2001.01158.x
These authors contributed equally to this work.
Present address: IACR-Rothamsted, Biochemistry and Physiology Department, Harpenden, Hertfordshire AL5 2JQ, UK.
Present address: Nuclear Oncology Laboratory, CRC Institute of Cell and Molecular Biology, Institute of Cancer Research, 237 Fulham Road, London SW3 6JB, UK.
- Issue published online: 23 DEC 2001
- Article first published online: 23 DEC 2001
- Received 9 May 2001; revised 3 August 2001; accepted 16 August 2001.
- 2000) Salicylic acid is not required for Cf-2- and Cf-9-dependent resistance of tomato to Cladosporium fulvum. Plant J. 23, 305–318.DOI: 10.1046/j.1365-313x.2000.00778.x , , , (
- 1998) Differential expression of a senescence-enhanced metallothionein gene in Arabidopsis in response to isolates of Peronospora parasitica and Pseudomonas syringae. Plant J. 16, 209–221. , , , , , , , (
- 1994) Characterization of an Arabidopsis mutant that is nonresponsive to inducers of systemic acquired resistance. Plant Cell, 6, 1583–1592. , , , (
- 1989) O-acetylsalicylic acid promotes colony formation from protoplasts of an elite maize inbred. Plant Cell Reports, 8, 282–284. , , , (
- 1999) Technical advance: spatio-temporal analysis of mitotic activity with a labile cyclin-GUS fusion protein. Plant J. 20, 503–508. , , , (
- 1999) Cell cycling and cell enlargement in developing leaves of Arabidopsis. Dev. Biol. 215, 407–419. , , , , (
- 1999) Expression of a single, host-specific, bacterial pathogenicity gene in plant cells elicits division, enlargement, and cell death. Mol. Plant-Microbe Interact. 12, 556–560. , , , , (
- 1998) A matter of life and cell death. Science, 281, 1317–1322. & (
- 1993) Requirement of salicylic acid for the induction systemic acquired resistance. Science, 261, 754–756. , , , , , , , , (
- 1991) Systemic endopolyploidy in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Physiol. 96, 985–989. , , (
- 2000) Positive and negative regulation of salicylic acid-dependent cell death and pathogen resistance in Arabidopsis lsd6 and ssi1 mutants. Mol. Plant-Microbe Interact. 13, 877–881. (
- 2000) Uncoupling salicylic acid-dependent cell death and defense-related responses from disease resistance in the Arabidopsis mutant Acd5. Genetics, 156, 341–350. , , (
- 2000) NF-kappaB and the innate immune response. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 12, 52–58. , , (
- 1997) Salicylate-independent lesion formation in Arabidopsis lsd mutants. Mol. Plant-Microbe Interact. 10, 531–536. , , , , , (
- 2001) The Arabidopsis-accelerated cell death gene, ACD2 encodes red chlorophyll catabolite reductase and suppresses the spread of disease symptoms. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA. 98, 771–776. , , , and (
- 1993) Relationship between endopolyploidy and cell size in epidermal tissue of Arabidopsis. Plant Cell, 5, 1661–1668. , , (
- 2001) Ethylene-dependent salicylic acid regulates an expanded cell death response to a plant pathogen. Plant J. 25, 315–323. , , , , (
- 1999) The gain-of-function Arabidopsis acd6 mutant reveals novel regulation and function of the salicylic acid signaling pathway in controlling cell death, defenses, and cell growth. Plant Cell, 11, 1695–1708. , , , , (
- 2001) The Arabidopsis aberrant growth and death, 2 mutant shows resistance to Pseudomonas syringae and reveals a role for NPR1 in suppressing hypersensitive cell death. Plant J. 27(3), 203–211. & (
- 1999) Plant Microtechnique and Microscopy. New York, USA: Oxford University Press. (
- 1996) Systemic acquired resistance. Plant Cell, 8, 1809–1819. , , , , (
- 1996) The Arabidopsis cyclin-dependent kinase gene cdc2bAt is preferentially expressed during S and G2 phases of the cell cycle. Plant J. 10, 601–612. , , , , , , (
- 1999) The Arabidopsis ssi1 mutation restores pathogenesis-related gene expression in npr1 plants and renders defensin gene expression salicylic acid dependent. Plant Cell, 11, 191–206. , , (
- 2000) Overproduction of salicylic acid in plants by bacterial transgenes enhances pathogen resistance. Nat. Biotechnol. 18, 779–783. , , , , (
- 1995) Suppression and restoration of lesion formation in Arabidopsis lsd mutants. Plant Cell, 7, 2013–2022. , , , , , , (
- 1999) Balancing proliferation and apoptosis in vivo: the Goldilocks theory of E2F/DP action. Biochim. Biophys. Acta, 1423, M9–M15. (
- 1998) PAD4 functions upstream from salicylic acid to control defense responses in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell, 10, 1021–1030. , , , , (