Five years of Bt cotton in China – the benefits continue
Article first published online: 16 AUG 2002
The Plant Journal
Volume 31, Issue 4, pages 423–430, August 2002
How to Cite
Pray, C. E., Huang, J., Hu, R. and Rozelle, S. (2002), Five years of Bt cotton in China – the benefits continue. The Plant Journal, 31: 423–430. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-313X.2002.01401.x
- Issue published online: 16 AUG 2002
- Article first published online: 16 AUG 2002
- Received 8 March 2002; revised 14 June 2002; accepted 18 June 2002.
- GRAIN (2001) Bt cotton through the back door, Seedling, 18. GRAIN Publications: http://www.grain.org/publications/seed-01-12-2-en.cfm
- 2001) Regional shifts in china's cotton production and use. In Cotton and Wool Situation and Outlook. Washington, DC: Economic Research Service, USDA. and (
- 2002a) Small holders, transgenic varieties, and production efficiency: the case of cotton farmers in China. Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, 46, in press. , , , and (
- 2002b) Plant biotechnology in the developing world: the case of China. Science, 295, 674–677. , , and (
- 2001) Smallholder adoption and economic impacts of Bt cotton in the Makhathini Flats, Republic of South Africa. Report for DFID Natural Resources Policy Research Programme, Project R7946. London, UK: Department for International Development. , , , , , , , and (
- NSBC (2001) Statistical Yearbook of China, 1999–2001. Beijing: National Statistical Bureau of China, China Statistical Press.
- 2001) Governing the GM crop revolution: policy choices for developing countries. IFPRI 2020 Discussion Paper 33. Washington DC: International Food Policy Research Institute. (
- 2001) Development and commercial use of Bollgard[SUP®] cotton in the USA – early promises versus today's reality. Plant Journal, 27, 489–502. , , , , , , , and (
- 2001) Impact of Bt cotton in China. World Dev. 29, 813–825. , , and (
- 2000) Pesticide and Human Health: the Story of Rice in China. Working Paper. Davis, CA: Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, University of California, Davis. , and (
- 1988) Agricultural technology in China. China Quarterly, 110, 767–822. (
- 2001) Transgenic Cotton in Mexico: Economic and Environmental Impacts. Unpublished report. Auburn, AL: Department of Agricultural Economics, Auburn University. , , and (
- US Embassy (2002) China, People's Republic of, Cotton and Products: Cotton Update. GAIN Report No. CH2005. Beijing: Foreign Agricultural Service.
- US Embassy (2001) China, Peoples Republic of, Cotton and Products: Annual. GAIN Report No. CH1022. Beijing: Foreign Agricultural Service.
- 2002) Agricultural and biological factors impacting on the long term effectiveness of Bt Cotton. Conference on Resistance Management for Bt crops in China: Economic and Biological Considerations April 28, 2002. Raleigh, NC: North Carolina State University. (