Present address: Institute for Cell and Molecular Biology, Swann Building, University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JR, UK.
Spatio-temporal analysis of mitotic activity with a labile cyclin–GUS fusion protein
Version of Record online: 28 JAN 2003
The Plant Journal
Volume 20, Issue 4, pages 503–508, November 1999
How to Cite
Colón-Carmona, A., You, R., Haimovitch-Gal, T. and Doerner, P. (1999), Spatio-temporal analysis of mitotic activity with a labile cyclin–GUS fusion protein. The Plant Journal, 20: 503–508. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-313x.1999.00620.x
- Issue online: 28 JAN 2003
- Version of Record online: 28 JAN 2003
- Received 27 May 1999; revised 1 October 1999; accepted 5 October 1999.
- 1985 High efficiency transformation of cultured tobacco cells. Plant Physiol., 1985, 568–570.
- 1993 In planta Agrobacterium-mediated gene transfer by infiltration of adult Arabidopsis thaliana plants. C. R. Acad. Sci.[III], 316, 1194–1199. , &
- 1990 Binary vectors which allow the exchange of plant selectable markers and reporter genes. Nucl. Acids Res., 18, 203.
- 1997 Formation of di-isodityrosine and loss of isodityrosine in the cell walls of tomato cell suspension cultures treated with fungal elicitors or H2O2. Plant Physiol., 115, 87–92. &
- 1996 Control of root growth and development by cyclin expression. Nature, 380, 520–523. , , , &
- 1983 Cyclin: a protein specified by maternal mRNA in sea urchin eggs that is destroyed at each cleavage division. Cell, 33, 389–396. , , , &
- 1994 Developmental expression of the Arabidopsis cyclin gene. Cyc1at. Plant Cell, 6, 1763–1774. , , , , &
- 1998 Cell cycle-dependent proteolysis in plants. Identification of the destruction box pathway and metaphase arrest produced by the proteasome inhibitor MG132. Plant Cell, 10, 2063–2076. , , , &
- 1991 Cyclin is degraded by the ubiquitin pathway. Nature, 349, 132–138. , &
- 1992 Genes regulating the plant cell cycle: isolation of a mitotic-like cyclin from Arabidopsis thaliana. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA, 89, 3295–3299. , , , &
- 1987 Assaying chimeric genes in plants: the GUS gene fusion system. Plant Mol. Biol. Report, 5, 387–405.
- 1996 How proteolysis drives the cell cycle. Science, 274, 1652–1659. , , &
- 1995 Synchronization of cell cultures of higher plants. Methods Cell Biol., 49, 315–329. &
- 1986 The promoter of TL DNA gene 5 controls the tissue-specific expression of chimeric genes carried by a novel type of Agrobacterium binary vector. Mol. Gen. Genet., 204, 383–396. &
- 1992 Tobacco BY2 cell line as the ‘HeLa’ cell in cell biology of higher plants. Int. Rev. Cytol., 132, 1–30. , &
- 1996 Plant cyclins: a unified nomenclature for plant A-, B- and d-type cyclins based on sequence organization. Plant Mol. Biol. 32, 1003–1018. , , et al.
- 1995 Tobacco mitotic cyclins: cloning, characterization, gene expression and functional assay. Plant J., 8, 949–957. , , , , &
- 1996 Two Arabidopsis cyclin promoters mediate distinctive transcriptional oscillation in synchronized tobacco BY-2 cells. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA, 93, 4868–4872. , , , &
- 1994 Phytochrome degradation. In: Photo-Morphogenesis in Plants, 2nd edn (Kendrick, R.E. & Kronenberg, G.H.M., eds). Dordrecht: Kluwer, pp. 141–162.