In vivo targeting of a sunflower oil body protein in yeast secretory (sec) mutants
Article first published online: 25 DEC 2001
The Plant Journal
Volume 23, Issue 2, pages 159–170, July 2000
How to Cite
Beaudoin, F., Wilkinson, B. M., Stirling, C. J. and Napier, J. A. (2000), In vivo targeting of a sunflower oil body protein in yeast secretory (sec) mutants . The Plant Journal, 23: 159–170. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-313x.2000.00769.x
- Issue published online: 25 DEC 2001
- Article first published online: 25 DEC 2001
- Received 23 September 1999; revised 20 March 2000; accepted 24 March 2000.
- 1997 Role of the proline knot motif in oleosin endoplasmic reticulum topology and oil body targeting. Plant Cell, 9, 1481 1493. , , , , ,
- 1999 The biogenesis of the plant seed oil body: oleosin protein is synthesised by ER-bound ribosomes. Plant Physiol. Biochem., 37, 481 490. , ,
- 1979 Sterile host yeasts (SHY): a eukaryotic system of biological containment for recombinant DNA experiments. Gene, 8, 17 24. , , , , , , ,
- 1987 A yeast mutant defective at an early stage in import of secretory protein precursors into the endoplasmic reticulum. J. Cell Biol., 105, 633 645. &
- 1992 A simple and efficient procedure for transformation in yeasts. Biotechniques, 13, 18 20.
- 1992 Mutants in three novel complementation groups inhibit membrane protein insertion into and soluble protein translation across the endoplasmic reticulum membrane of S. cerevisiae. J. Cell Biol., 116, 597 604. , ,
- 1982 GAL10–CYC1 hybrid yeast promoter identifies the GAL4 regulatory region as an upstream site. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA , 79, 7410 7414. , ,
- 1991 The signal recognition particle in S. cerevisiae. Cell, 67, 131 144. &
- 1993 Targeting of oleosins to the oil bodies of oilseed rape (Brassica napus L.). Planta, 189, 24 29. , ,
- 1992 Oil bodies and oleosins in seeds. Annu. Rev. Plant. Physiol. Plant. Mol. Biol., 43, 177 200.
- 1993 A class of membrane proteins with a C-terminal anchor. Trends Cell Biol., 3, 72 75. , ,
- 1999 The accumulation of triacylglycerols within the endoplasmic reticulum of developing seeds of Helianthus annuus. Plant J., 17, 397 405.DOI: 10.1046/j.1365-313x.1999.00387.x , , , ,
- 1998 Dual localization of squalene epoxidase, Erg1p, in yeast reflects a relationship between the endoplasmic reticulum and lipid particles. Mol. Biol. Cell , 9, 375 386. , , , , , , ,
- 1994 Characterization of lipid particles of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisae. Yeast, 10, 1421 1428. , , , ,
- 1998 Role for the ubiquitin–proteasome system in the vacuolar degradation of Ste6p, the a-factor transporter in S. cerevisiae. Mol. Cell. Biol., 18, 779 789. &
- 1993 Co-translational integration of soybean (Glycine max) oil body membrane protein oleosin into microsomal membranes . Plant Physiol., 101, 993 998. &
- 1998 Apoprotein B100 has a prolonged interaction with the translocon during which its lipidation and translocation change from dependence on the microsomal triglyceride transfer protein to independence. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA , 95, 14733 14738. , , , , , ,
- 1993 Structure, function and biogenesis of storage lipid bodies and oleosins in plants. Prog. Lipid Res., 32, 247 280.
- 1996 The structure and biogenesis of plant oil bodies: the role of the ER membrane and the oleosin class of proteins. Plant Mol. Biol., 31, 945 956. , ,
- 1996 Signal sequences specify the targeting route to the endoplasmic reticulum membrane. J. Cell Biol., 134, 269 278. , ,
- 1992 The signal recognition particle receptor is important for growth and protein secretion in S. cerevisiae. Mol. Biol. Cell , 3, 895 911. , ,
- 1997 Sec61p mediates export of a misfold secretory protein from the endoplasmic reticulum to the cytosol for degradation. EMBO J., 16, 4540 4548. , ,
- 1995 Structural requirement of oleosin domains for subcellular targeting to the oil body. Plant Physiol., 109, 1353 1361. &
- 1993 Wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) gamma-gliadin accumulates in dense protein bodies within the endoplasmic-reticulum of yeast. Plant Physiol., 102, 61 69. , , , , ,
- 1989 Multiple genes are required for proper insertion of secretory proteins into the endoplasmic reticulum in yeast. J. Cell Biol., 109, 2641 2652. , , , ,
- 1989. Molecular Cloning: a Laboratory Manual. Cold Spring Harbor. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press. , ,
- 1997 Expression and subcellular targeting of a soybean oleosin in transgenic rapeseed. Implications for the mechanism of oil-body formation in seeds. Plant J., 11, 783 796. , , ,
- 1987 Tricine-sodium dodecyl sulphate–polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis for the separation of proteins in the range from 1 to 100 kDa. Anal. Biochem., 166, 368 379. &
- 1992 Genetic and biochemical analysis of vesicular traffic in yeast. Curr. Opin. Cell Biol., 4, 587 592.
- 1994 Tobacco cytochrome b5: cDNA isolation, expression analysis and in vitro protein targeting. Plant Mol. Biol., 25, 527 537. , , ,
- 1997 The plant ER: a dynamic organelle composed of a large number of discrete functional domains. Plant J., 11, 1151 1165.
- 1992 The S. cerevisiae SEC65 gene encodes a component of yeast signal recognition particle with homology to human SRP19. Nature, 356, 534 537. &
- 1992 Protein translocation mutants defective in the insertion of integral membrane proteins into the endoplasmic reticulum. Mol. Biol. Cell , 3, 129 142. , , , ,
- 1986 Safflower microsomes catalyse oil accumulation in vitro: a model system . Planta, 169, 33 37. , ,
- 1995 Expression and in vitro targeting of a sunflower oleosin. Plant Mol. Biol., 29, 403 410. , , , , ,
- 1997 Oleosin of plant seed oil bodies is correctly targeted to the lipid bodies in transformed yeast. J. Biol. Chem., 272, 3699 3706. , , ,
- 1996 Cholinephosphotransferase and diacylglycerol acyltransferase. Plant Physiol., 110, 923 931. &
- 1997 Protein translocation across the membrane of endoplasmic reticulum. J. Membr. Biol., 155, 189 197. , ,
- 1990 The methionine rich domain of the 54 kD protein subunit of the signal recognition particle contains a RNA binding site and can crosslinked to a signal sequence. EMBO J., 9, 4511 4517. , , ,