Present address: Department of Plant Pathology, Physiology and Weed Science, Fralin Biotechnology Center, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA 24061-0346, USA.
Downy mildew (Peronospora parasitica) resistance genes in Arabidopsis vary in functional requirements for NDR1, EDS1, NPR1 and salicylic acid accumulation
Version of Record online: 25 DEC 2001
The Plant Journal
Volume 22, Issue 6, pages 523–529, June 2000
How to Cite
McDowell, J. M., Cuzick, A., Can, C., Beynon, J., Dangl, J. L. and Holub, E. B. (2000), Downy mildew (Peronospora parasitica) resistance genes in Arabidopsis vary in functional requirements for NDR1, EDS1, NPR1 and salicylic acid accumulation. The Plant Journal, 22: 523–529. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-313x.2000.00771.x
- Issue online: 25 DEC 2001
- Version of Record online: 25 DEC 2001
- Received 3 February 2000; revised 28 March 2000; accepted 28 March 2000.
- 1998 Different requirements for EDS1 and NDR1 by disease resistance genes define at least two R gene-mediated pathways in Arabidopsis. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA , 95, 10306 10311. , , , , ,
- 1994 Characterization of an Arabidopsis mutant that is non-responsive to inducers of systemic acquired resistance. Plant Cell, 6, 1583 1592. , , ,
- 1997 The Arabidopsis NPR1 gene that controls systemic acquired resistance encodes a novel protein containing ankyrin repeats. Cell, 88, 57 64. , , , ,
- 1998 Generation of broad-spectrum disease resistance by overexpression of an essential regulatory gene in systemic acquired resistance. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA , 95, 6531 6536. , ,
- 1995 NDR1, a locus of Arabidopsis thaliana that is required for disease resistance to both a bacterial and a fungal pathogen. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA , 92, 6597 6601. , ,
- 1997 NDR1, a pathogen-induced component required for Arabidopsis disease resistance. Science, 278, 1963 65. , , , , ,
- 1996 Genetics and utilization of pathogen resistance in plants. Plant Cell, 8, 1747 1755. &
- 1992 Genetic definition of loci involved in Arabidopsis–pathogen interactions . In: Methods in Arabidopsis Research (Koncz, C. Chua, N.-H. & Schell, J., ed. ). (London: World Scientific Publishing Co, ), pp. 393 418. , , , , ,
- 1995 Arabidopsis signal transduction mutant defective in chemically and biologically induced disease resistance. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA , 92, 6602 6606. , ,
- 1994 A central role of Salicylic Acid in plant disease resistance. Science, 266, 1247 1250. , , et al.
- 1998 SA, JA, ethylene, and disease resistance in plants. Curr. Opin. Plant Biol., 1, 316 323.
- 1997 Salicylic acid and disease resistance in plants. Trends Plant Sci., 2, 266 274. , ,
- 1998 Structure and function of proteins controlling strain-specific pathogen resistance in plants. Curr. Opin. Plant Biol., 1, 288 293. &
- 1999 EDS1, an essential component of R gene-mediated disease resistance in Arabidopsis has homology to eukaryotic lipases. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA , 96, 3292 3297. , , , , ,
- 1997a Use of Arabidopsis for genetic dissection of plant defense responses. Annu. Rev. Genet., 31, 547 569. , ,
- 1997b Phytoalexin-deficient mutants of Arabidopsis reveal that PAD4 encodes a regulatory factor and that four PAD genes contribute to downy mildew resistance. Genetics, 146, 381 392. , , , , , , ,
- 1996 Inducible plant defense mechanisms and resistance gene function. Plant Cell, 8, 1773 1791. &
- 1990 Gene-for-gene complementarity in plant–pathogen interactions. Annu. Rev. Genet., 24, 447 463.
- 1990 Arabidopsis is susceptible to infection by a downy mildew fungus. Plant Cell, 2, 437 445. &
- 1998 Intragenic recombination and diversifying selection contribute to the evolution of downy mildew resistance at the RPP. 8 locus of Arabidopsis. Plant Cell, 10, 1861 1874. , , , , , ,
- 1996 Characterization of eds1, a mutation in Arabidopsis suppressing resistance to Peronospora parasitica specified by several different RPP genes. Plant Cell, 8, 2033 2046. , , , , ,
- 1996 Systemic acquired resistance. Plant Cell, 8, 1809 1819. , , , , ,
- 1997 The Arabidopsis NIM1 protein shows homology to the mammalian transcription factor inhibitor I_B. Plant Cell, 9, 425 439. , , et al.
- 1998 Jasmonate signaling mutants of Arabidopsis are susceptible to the soil fungus Pythium irregulare. Plant J., 15, 747 754. , ,
- 1998 Separate jasmonate-dependent and salicylate-dependent defense-response pathways in arabidopsis are essential for resistance to distinct microbial pathogens. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA , 95, 15107 15111. , , , , , ,
- 1992 Acquired resistance in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell, 4, 645 656. , , , , , , , , ,
- 1999 Identification of three putative signal transduction genes involved in R gene-specified disease resistance in Arabidopsis. Genetics, 152, 401 412. , , ,
- 1995 Suppression and restoration of lesion formation in Arabidopsis lsd mutants. Plant Cell, 7, 2013 2022. , , , , , ,