Activation of CDK-activating kinase is dependent on interaction with H-type cyclins in plants
Article first published online: 25 DEC 2001
The Plant Journal
Volume 24, Issue 1, pages 11–20, October 2000
How to Cite
Yamaguchi, M., Fabian, T., Sauter, M., Bhalerao, R. P., Schrader, J., Sandberg, G., Umeda, M. and Uchimiya, H. (2000), Activation of CDK-activating kinase is dependent on interaction with H-type cyclins in plants. The Plant Journal, 24: 11–20. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-313x.2000.00846.x
- Issue published online: 25 DEC 2001
- Article first published online: 25 DEC 2001
- Received 18 April 2000; revised 22 June 2000; accepted 30 June 2000.
- 1995 Identification of a cdk-activating kinase in fission yeast. EMBO J., 14, 6173 6183. , ,
- 1995 Schizosaccharomyces pombe Mop1–Mcs2 is related to mammalian CAK . EMBO J., 14, 6164 6172. , ,
- 1999 A new D-type cyclin of Arabidopsis thaliana expressed during lateral root primordia formation. Planta, 208, 453 462. DOI: 10.1007/s004250050582 , , , , , , ,
- 1997 Identification of proteins interacting with the Arabidopsis Cdc2aAt protein. J. Exp. Bot., 48, 2113 2114. , , , ,
- 1995 MAT1 (‘menage à trois’) a new RING finger protein subunit stabilizing cyclin H-cdk7 complexes in starfish and Xenopus CAK. EMBO J., 14, 5027 5036. , , , , , , , ,
- 1997 Cell cycle: will the real Cdk-activating kinase please stand up? Curr. Biol., 7, 50 52.
- 1996 A cyclin-dependent kinase-activating kinase (CAK) in budding yeast unrelated to vertebrate CAK. Science, 273, 1714 1717. , , , ,
- 1993 The MO15 gene encodes the catalytic subunit of a protein kinase that activates cdc2 and other cyclin-dependent kinases (CDKs) through phosphorylation of Thr161 and its homologues. EMBO J., 12, 3111 3121. , , et al.
- 1995 Alternative mechanisms of CAK assembly require an assembly factor or an activating kinase. Cell, 83, 47 57. , , ,
- 1994 A novel cyclin associates with MO15/CDK7 to form the CDK-activating kinase. Cell, 78, 713 724. &
- 1990 Two systems of glucose repression of the GAL1 promoter in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol. Cell. Biol., 10, 4757 4769. &
- 1992 Improved method for high efficiency transformation of intact yeast cells. Nucl. Acids Res., 20, 1425. , , ,
- 1993 The p21 Cdk-interacting protein Cip1 is a potent inhibitor of G1 cyclin-dependent kinases. Cell, 75, 805 816. , , , ,
- 1991 cDNA cloning of a novel cdc2+/CDC28-related protein kinase from rice . FEBS Lett., 279, 149 152.
- 1998 Molecular characterization of a novel plant homeobox gene expressed in the maturing xylem zone of Populus tremula×. Tremuloides. Plant J., 16, 285 295. &
- 1996 Isolation and characterization of two cDNA clones for mRNAs that are abundantly expressed in immature anthers of rice (Oryza sativa L.). Plant Mol. Biol., 30, 1181 1193. , ,
- 1993 Use of the two-hybrid system to identify the domain of p53 involved in oligomerization. Oncogene, 8, 1693 1696. , , ,
- 1996 The Cdk-activating kinase (CAK) from budding yeast. Cell, 86, 553 564. , ,
- 1998 Deepwater rice: a model plant to study stem elongation. Plant Physiol., 118, 1105 1110. , ,
- 1994 p40MO15 associates with a p36 subunit and requires both nuclear translocation and Thr176 phosphorylation to generate cdk-activating kinase activity in Xenopus oocytes. EMBO J., 13, 5155 5164. , , et al.
- 1993 A general protocol for evaluating the specific effects of DNA replication inhibitors. Nucl. Acids Res., 21, 3997 4004. &
- 1991 Isolation of three novel human cyclins by rescue of G1 cyclin (Cln) function in yeast. Cell, 66, 1197 1206. , ,
- 1993 Identification of mutations in p53 that affect its binding to SV40 T antigen by using the yeast two-hybrid system. FASEB J., 7, 957 963. &
- 1998 Induction of cell growth and cell division in the intercalary meristem of submerged deepwater rice (Oryza sativa L.). Planta, 204, 140 145.DOI: 10.1007/s004250050240 &
- 1997 Cell cycle phase specificity of putative cyclin-dependent kinase variants in synchronized alfalfa cells. Plant Cell, 9, 223 235. , , et al.
- 1994 A cyclin associated with the CDK-activating kinase MO15. Nature, 371, 254 257. , , , , ,
- 1999 Cyclin-dependent kinases and cell division in plants – the nexus. Plant Cell, 11, 509 521. , , ,
- 1995 Principles of CDK regulation. Nature, 374, 131 134.
- 1999 Tobacco retinoblastoma-related protein phosphorylated by a distinct cyclin-dependent kinase complex with Cdc2/cyclin D in vitro. Plant J., 18, 243 252.DOI: 10.1046/j.1365-313x.1999.00449.x , , ,
- 1996 Cyclin-dependent kinase 7: at the cross-roads of transcription, DNA repair and cell cycle control? Curr. Opin. Cell Biol., 8, 312 317.
- 1993 The cdc2-related protein p40MO15 is the catalytic subunit of a protein kinase that can activate p33cdk2 and p34cdc2. EMBO J., 12, 3123 3132. , , , ,
- 1996 Plant cyclins: a unified nomenclature for plant A-, B- and D-type cyclins based on sequence organization. Plant Mol. Biol. 32, 1003 1018. , , et al.
- 1996 Cyclin C/CDK8 is a novel CTD kinase associated with RNA polymerase II. Oncogene, 12, 2631 2640. , , , ,
- 1994 The MO15 cell cycle kinase is associated with the TFIIH transcription-DNA repair factor. Cell, 79, 1093 1101. , , , , , , , ,
- 1996 Structural basis of cyclin-dependent kinase activation by phosphorylation. Nat. Struct. Biol., 3, 696 700. , ,
- 1997 Differential expression of a CAK (cdc2-activating kinase) -like protein kinase, cyclins and cdc2 genes from rice during the cell cycle and in response to gibberellin. Plant J., 11, 181 190.
- 1995 Gibberellin promotes histone H1 kinase activity and the expression of cdc2 and cyclin genes during the induction of rapid growth in deepwater rice internodes. Plant J., 7, 623 632. , ,
- 1995 Association of Cdk-activating kinase subunits with transcription factor TFIIH. Nature, 374, 280 282. , , , , ,
- 1995 TFIIH: a link between transcription, DNA repair and cell cycle regulation. Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev., 5, 217 221. , , ,
- 1995 Cdk-activating kinase complex is a component of human transcription factor TFIIH. Nature, 374, 283 287. , , , , , , ,
- 1990 p40MO15, a cdc2-related protein kinase involved in negative regulation of meiotic maturation of Xenopus oocytes. EMBO J., 10, 3233 3240. , ,
- 1993 CAK, the p34cdc2 activating kinase, contains a protein identical or closely related to p40MO15. EMBO J., 12, 3133 3142. , ,
- 1998 Gene discovery in the wood-forming tissues of poplar: analysis of 5692 expressed sequence tags. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA , 95, 13330 13335.DOI: 10.1073/pnas.95.22.13330 , , et al.
- 1995a In vitro assembly of a functional human CDK7–cyclin H complex requires MAT1, a novel 36 kDa RING finger protein . EMBO J., 14, 5608 5617. , , , , ,
- 1995b Identification of human cyclin-dependent kinase 8, a putative protein kinase partner for cyclin C. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA , 92, 8871 8875. , , , ,
- 1996 Civ 1 (CAK in vivo), a novel Cdk-activating kinase . Cell, 86, 565 576. , , ,
- 1996 An Arabidopsis gene isolated by a novel method for detecting genetic interaction in yeast encodes the GDP dissociation inhibitor of Ara4 GTPase. Plant Cell, 8, 2079 2091. , , , , ,
- 1998 A distinct cyclin-dependent kinase-activating kinase of Arabidopsis thaliana. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA , 95, 5021 5026.DOI: 10.1073/pnas.95.9.5021 , , , ,
- 1994 Expressed sequence tags from cultured cells of rice (Oryza sativa L.) under stressed conditions: analysis of transcripts of genes engaged in ATP-generating pathways. Plant Mol. Biol., 25, 469 478. , , , , , , ,
- 1999 Molecular characterization of mitotic cyclins in rice plants. Mol. Gen. Genet., 262, 230 238. , , , , ,
- 1998 A rice homolog of Cdk7/MO15 phosphorylates both cyclin-dependent protein kinases and the carboxy-terminal domain of RNA polymerase II. Plant J., 16, 613 619.DOI: 10.1046/j.1365-313x.1998.00338.x , ,