Retrospective follow-up of maternal deaths and their associated risk factors in a rural district of Tanzania
Version of Record online: 22 JAN 2004
1997 Blackwell Science Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 3, Issue 2, pages 130–137, February 1998
How to Cite
MacLeod, J. and Rhode, R. (1998), Retrospective follow-up of maternal deaths and their associated risk factors in a rural district of Tanzania. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 3: 130–137. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-3156.1998.00174.x
- Issue online: 22 JAN 2004
- Version of Record online: 22 JAN 2004
- 6Government of the United Republic of Tanzania and United Nations Children's Fund (1990). Women and Children in Tanzania: A Situation Analysis. Dar Es Salaam.
- 71990) Evaluation of a primary health care programme in The Gambia; I: The impact of trained traditional birth attendants on the outcome of pregnancy. Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 93, 59–66., et al (
- 8Guenther D & Brandrup-Lukanow A (1993) Maternal Health and Family Planning. GTZ Health, Population and Nutrition Division and WHO Collaboration Centre for Health Systems Development. Macmillan Press Ltd.
- 9Herz B & Measham AR (1987) The safe motherhood initiative: proposals for action. Background paper prepared for the ?Safe Motherhood Conference?. Nairobi, 1-13 February.
- 111984) Changes in maternal and child mortality rates in three isolated Gambian villages over ten years. Lancet 20, 912–4.(
- 13MCH Unit, Ministry of Health 1987. Tanzania Government Document.
- 19Ngallaba S, Kapiga SH, Ruyobya I & Boerma JT (1993) Tanzania Demographic and Health Survey 1991/1992. Bureau of Statistics, Planning Commission, Dar Es Salaam.
- 21Safe Motherhood Task Force with the Ministry of Health and Family Care International, March 1992. Safe Motherhood Strategy for Tanzania.
- 23Tanzania Sensa (1988). 1988 Population Census: Preliminary Report. Bureau of Statistics, Ministry of Finance, Economic Affairs and Planning, Dar Es Salaam.
- 28WHO (1993) International Classification of Disease. 9th revision. Women's Groups, NGOs & Motherhood Maternal Health & Safe Motherhood Programme, Division of Family Health, WHO, Geneva.