Willingness to pay for community-based ivermectin distribution: A study of three onchocerciasis-endemic communities in Nigeria
Version of Record online: 21 APR 2002
Blackwell Science Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 3, Issue 10, pages 802–808, October 1998
How to Cite
Onwujekwe, O. E., Shu, E. N., Nwagbo, D., Akpala, C. O. and Okonkwo, P. O. (1998), Willingness to pay for community-based ivermectin distribution: A study of three onchocerciasis-endemic communities in Nigeria. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 3: 802–808. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-3156.1998.00304.x
- Issue online: 21 APR 2002
- Version of Record online: 21 APR 2002
- 41985) Paying for health services in developing countries: a call for realism. World Health Forum 6, 99–105.(
- Mitchell RC & Carson RT (1989) Using Surveys to Value Public Goods: The Contingent Valuation Method. Resources for the future Inc., Washington DC.
- National Onchocerciasis Control Programme (1993) National plan for the control of onchocerciasis (River blindness) in Nigeria. Federal Ministry of Health and Human Services, Lagos, pp. 3–20.
- National Onchocerciasis Control Programme (1994) Progress report. Federal Ministry of Health and Human Services, Lagos, pp. 1–12.
- O'Brien B & Viramontes JL (1993) Willingness to pay: A valid and reliable measure of health state preference? McMaster University Center for Health Economics and Policy analysis working paper, pp. 93–97.
- 131985) Construction of Mujedawa dispensary in Kaduna state, Nigeria through self-help. World Health Forum 6, 108–109.(
- 15Onwujekwe OE (1996) Modeling of costs for local ivermectin distribution, Onchocerciasis unit, University of Nigeria, Enugu.
- Ransome-kuti O (1992) Strengthening Primary Health Care at Local Level. The Nigerian experience. Academy Press, Lagos, pp. 21–41.
- TDR (1996) African Onchocerciasis control: Patients to take over by 2008. TDR News no. 49, March 4–5.
- Weaver A, Chapko M, Ndamobissi R et al. (1993) Estimating the willingness to pay for quality of care: comparison of contingent valuation and traditional economic methods. Health finance and sustainability project. University of Washington, Washington, pp. 8–17.
- World Health Organization, (1987) WHO Expert Committee on Onchocerciasis. Third report. Technical Report Series 752, 5–25.
- World Health Organization(1996) Community-directed treatment with ivermectin: Report of a multi-country study. World Health Organization, Geneva.
- World Health Organization(1997) Prospects for elimination of some TDR diseases. TDRIGen/97, 1. World Health Organisation, Geneva.