Measurement of ovalocyte frequency in peripheral blood smears in defining ovalocytosis in Papua New Guinea
Version of Record online: 5 JAN 2002
Blackwell Science Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 3, Issue 10, pages 809–817, October 1998
How to Cite
Sapak, P., Sleigh, A., Williams, G., Peter, W., Ginny, M. and Waranduo, M. (1998), Measurement of ovalocyte frequency in peripheral blood smears in defining ovalocytosis in Papua New Guinea. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 3: 809–817. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-3156.1998.00308.x
- Issue online: 5 JAN 2002
- Version of Record online: 5 JAN 2002
- 21975) Elliptocytes in Papua New Guinea. Abstracts and Proceedings of the Eleventh National Symposium of the Medical Society of Papua New Guinea. Port Moresby, July 25–27, pp. 140–154.(
- 31981) Ovalocytosis in Papua New Guinea – dominantly inherited resistance to malaria. Southeast Asian Journal of Tropical Medicine and Public Health 12, 549–555., , , et al (
- Cattani JA (1984) The ovalocytosis polymorphism and malaria resistance in Papua New Guinea: an epidemiological study. PhD Thesis, University of California, Berkeley.
- 6Dean AG, Dean JA, Burton AH & Dicker RC (1990) Epi Info, Version 5: a Word Processing, Database, and Statistics Program for Epidemiology on Microcomputers. USD Incorporated, Stone Mountain.
- 7Gibson FD & Schuurkamp GT (1980) Laboratory Manual for Malaria Microscopists. Department of Health, Port Moresby.
- Lamont GS (1982) Interaction between the malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum and human erythrocytes. PhD Thesis, University of Queensland, Brisbane.
- 141973) Abnormal haemoglobin, glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency and hereditary ovalocytosis in North Sumatra, Indonesia. Southeast Asian Journal of Tropical Medicine and Public Health 4, 560–563., , (
- Sahr KE, Garbarz M, Dhermy D et al. (1990) Use of the polymerase chain reaction for the detection and characterisation of mutations causing hereditary elliptocytosis. In Cellular and Molecular Biology of Normal and Abnormal Erythroid Membranes (eds. CM Cohen & J Palek) Wiley, New York, pp. 201–210.
- Wintrobe MM (1981) Clinical Haematology, 8th edn. Lea and Febiger, Philadelphia.